Chapter 33 - Dress

Gracie's schedule had been fully booked at the start of the summer break. Between spending time with her friends, secret dates with Rachel, and trying to study for her exams just a few weeks away, she never had a moment to herself. But now that her friends had gone on vacation with their families, and the rest of her family were out for the rest of Friday night, Gracie found herself home alone.

Back when she was still being tossed between foster placements and group homes, she preferred to keep to herself. When she stayed out of everyone's way, she could avoid the wrath of angry foster parents. Of course, she couldn't dodge every beating, and sometimes would even offer herself up for one in place of one of the younger kids in whatever home she was in at the time. Still, she had always told herself she was better off alone.

But that was before she lived with people she actually liked spending time with. Her current foster family felt like a real family. Even if she didn't always feel like she deserved it, she knew they loved her, she knew she belonged. So now, when she was alone she found herself getting lonely again, and history had proved that for Gracie, isolating herself would lead down a dark road.

Luckily, she wouldn't be alone for long tonight. Gracie invited Rachel over the second she found out she'd have the house to herself for a whole night. The girls had decided they wanted to dress up for the occasion, so Gracie had been trying on outfits for hours. She finally settled on wearing Maia's black miniskirt, pairing it with a black strapless top clad with lace, and dressing it up with some of the jewelry that her sisters said she could borrow whenever she wanted. She spent a few more hours perfecting her makeup, using every single tip and trick that Maia had taught her and tidying her room.

When the door knocked, Gracie was already there in the hallway, waiting for her girlfriend to arrive. She opened the door, and her breath was taken away by the sight. Rachel stood there, one arm leaning against the door frame, the other draped by her side.

"Wow," Gracie's jaw hit the floor when her eyes landed on the red satin dress. A low-cut neckline complimented its length, with a slit down the side revealing one of her shapely legs that went on forever. The shiny fabric hugged her hips leaving the light to reflect off it like oil on water. Her skin had a warm sheen to it too. She looked flawless.

"Wow yourself," Rachel spoke through lips painted in a shade that matched her dress perfectly. She stepped inside and grabbed Gracie by the waist, pulling her in for a kiss charged with mutual desire. "So, what do you think of the dress?" Rachel guided Gracie's hands down the sides of her body.

Stroking the smooth satin, Gracie couldn't help but wonder if what was underneath was just as soft. "It's... you look... wow." No other words came to mind.

Rachel laughed at her speechless girlfriend, "You look hot too," she leaned in and kissed her again.

After giving Rachel a tour of the house, she finally brought her to the bedroom she shared with her sisters. "This is my little corner of the room," Gracie sat on her bed as Rachel looked around at all of her things, "I still can't believe all of this is mine."

Rachel turned and looked at Gracie with a warm smile, she sat down next to her, "I can't believe you're mine. Forever. I love you."

"I love you too," Gracie kissed her girlfriend.

"Now," Rachel pulled away, "About this dress," she stood up again.

Gracie didn't know where to look when the silky red fabric hit the floor and Rachel stepped out of it. Up until Rachel arrived, Gracie thought tonight would be like all of their other dates, but once they saw each other and shared that kiss, it was only a matter of time before they were up in her room shedding their clothes.