Chapter 16: The midnight mouse. (part-2)

Start bij het begin

It seems that he noticed my reaction, because, at the very next moment, he stepped towards me and stopped right before me, leaving no space between us.

An unwelcome gasp left my lips and I froze at my place even though I was sitting on the kitchen counter.

I did not break eye contact with him as if I did he would probably...

"Hunger...? That's what you feel inside your stomach when you don't eat for a long time...?" He interrupted me from my thoughts while leaning into me by resting both of his hands by the side of me on the counter and asked. More like he said that with sarcasm.

Then I remembered the time when I explained to him what a pizza is like as a circular food with triangular cutting shapes

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Then I remembered the time when I explained to him what a pizza is like as a circular food with triangular cutting shapes. So, it means he is sending my words back to me by mimicking me. But I wasn't being sarcastic at that time when I said that.

I looked up at him and he smirked. It was the same smirk I had gotten from him the moment we met for the first time. At that time it felt like a warning to me but now it is feeling different.

"Seriously?" I chuckled at him.

His smirk got bigger and then it finally turned into a bright smile. A smile felt like the brightest star in the sky.

His eyes met mine and suddenly I felt something else rather than hate in it.

"I am serious right now. You must be hungry as you skipped dinner." He said.

"Yeah... I am. Very much." I replied to him.

He backed off from me and I used that time to collect myself altogether by breathing in and out. I didn't realise that I was stopping my breath under his appearance.

After a few moments, his phone started ringing which was in his pocket. He took out the phone from his pocket and looked at the screen, after looking at the screen for some time when the phone disconnected itself, he put it back in his pocket.

"May I ask who it was?" I asked him to notice his sudden change of reaction.

His eyebrows furrowed but still, he had no expression on his face.

"Not anyone important. So, tell me what you want to eat." He asked.

"Are you going to order for me?" I asked covering my happy shock. I turned my face a little away from his sight and covered it with my hair and then I grinned while doing a happy dance internally.

Just tell him that you want to eat pizza.

Tell him! This is the only chance for you to meet with your love. Speak up!

Don't waste any time Alora and tell him before he could change his mind. My thoughts ordered me to say that to him.

As I turned my face to look at him and opened my mouth to reply to him, something fresh arrived in my mouth.