Chapter 11: What is my fault?

ALORA

Suddenly the dreams are getting better day by day, and no more black clouds, no fear, no tears nothing at all are shadowing me into them.

That beautiful boy again came into my dreams and made me smile with only his presence. In my dream too I was getting hurt by the world, crying, being in depression, and he just came out of the blue and saved me from the world. He said he would always come to my rescue no matter how many times I would be in danger. He also said that the pain I have been through in my past, he will heal them.

But I wonder if this is not a long-time peace. Those dark clouds will come again, it will hide me inside it.

I woke up by the morning light falling on my face. I stretched my arms a little and got up from my bed. As I was going to the bathroom to take a shower, I felt something strange.

"Wait- did I sleep last night after coming to my room?" I asked myself while I started recollecting everything from last night.

Last night, when I got up in the middle of the night to curb my growing hunger, then when I came down to the kitchen to find something to eat, I saw that Max was already carrying snacks and eating.

That time the monster was not at home, so we thought let's take advantage of it and chill a bit. Max helped me to order pizza, and other foods like burgers, fries, cold drinks and popcorn. He took me to the theatre room which I didn't know was there. So, I also thought about using the face masks with Max. Then while watching the movie, my eyes started closing due to sleep and I fell asleep right there.

"Oh yeah! Now I remember that I slept there. Then... who brought me to my room?" I narrowed my eyes to myself in confusion.

Keeping that question aside for a while, I went to the bathroom and took a nice shower. Then I opened my closet and took out an outfit for the day. All the clothes are very pretty and cute. I have never had to wear this type of dress since I came to stay with my uncle. That's why seeing these pretty dresses, I feel like wearing everything at once.

As I came down the stairs to the dining hall, some of the men were roaming around, noticed my coming and wished me morning with bright smiles. I also smiled back with a light chuckle because I had never been with so many men before.

The dining room opened with a thud as I pushed it. The familiar faces came towards me giving me cheerful smiley faces making me smile even broader than them. But the only face I know is the same as always with no expressions, no happiness nor tension, nothing at all.

I made my way to my so-called fixed seat beside that monster. He said I have to sit right beside him as I keep jumping at every small talk.

Huh! He doesn't know anything about excitement and happiness.

"Morning everyone." I glanced only at the four of them.

"Morning!! " They all sang together, except Galen.

"Good morning, Alora." Galen was on my left side. He wished me separately with a warm smile.

I smiled back and replied Morning to him.

As I tried to take a glimpse of the one who was sitting on my right side, I found he was already staring at me, which made me startled.

He didn't say anything nor did he smile, so I showed him a broad fake sarcastic smile. He rolled his eyes looked away from me, and told me to bring the breakfast.

"Alora." A voice came from my side which made me turn that way.

"Hi Max!" I waved at him.

He yawned and took a bite of his food.