Attempt

Tamika fell to the ground multiple times, as she was not used to walking on foot

Tamika fell to the ground multiple times, as she was not used to walking on foot. She pushed her self up, stumbling a bit. She took a step, then another, and then she started to slowly stroll. Still, she guided her hands up just incase. She found herself on the shore of a village, fire in some huts and pathways that were similar to trampolines. Tamika slowly crouched down, then crawled on all fours. She crab walked to the side, hiding her figure behind a rock. She heard some villagers pass by, speaking in a mixture of English and a foreign language. Dubiously, Tamika grabbed a hard rock compatible to easily defend herself.
"Sister, I'm coming." She rasped, then lunged forward to another rock.

Her attempt to float failed as gravity pulled her down. Leaving her in plain sight. Fortunately, the Villagers backs were facing Tamika. She studied how tall and unusual they were, before scrambling back up and hiding behind another rock. She pinched the bridge of her nose and inhaled sharply. Suddenly, he heard someone nearby say something in a poor accent.
"Let us go the reef."

Tamika's eyes snapped wide open, she was going to be caught if she didn't take action. She ran towards the shore, jumping into the waters. Her eyes burned, but she shook it off. She then started to swim swiftly like a mermaid, but then remembered she had no tail.
No, please..just let me have a tail for this once. I need to get away! She begged.

Squinting her eyes, she felt a change in her lower parts. She opened her eyes, to her surprise the water didn't burn. She had her tail but, causing her to immediately swim away.
—————————
     Tuk happily jumped at the sight of her brother making little movements, he was almost awake. The family crowed around him, except for Lo'ak, who returned from lounging around the village. He needed to tell his parents about the mermaid, but he figured it wasn't such a good idea to mention her at this time. He sat behind the family, zoning out as he waited for them to notice his presence was there. He thought about how it was like in her world, if humans new their kind existed, why weren't they hunting them like a dog all for money?

If she came from a sea that she spent her whole childhood in, that would have meant she wasn't from the Earth Jake knew.
There would have been more nature, more health for the planet. Lo'ak was shaken out of his thoughts at the sound of,

Lo'ak!

Jake and his family was giving him a blank stare, Jake calling his name.

"What we're you thinking about? Come, your brother's making progress." Jake ordered.

Lo'ak scooted in between his siblings, A sleeping Neteyam revealed to him. The family stayed there for a while until it was time to do daily task. Everyone left except for Jake and Lo'ak.
"Dad?" Lo'ak called.

Jake turned to face Lo'ak, "Whats up?"

"I need to tell you something, about Ariel.." He added