Ozpin: "Calm down, Mr. L/N. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you that I had a spare chess piece with me."

Y/N groan as he walks around the room. Glynda is standing beside Ozpin, watching Y/N calm himself down.

Y/N: "Anyway, I got the cards you asked for."

He places down the three playing cards on his desk. 

Y/N: "What are these cards, Ozpin?"

Ozpin take the cards and examines them.

Ozpin: "Oh, these cards from last year's initiation so, you retrieving them back is a small test for you."

Y/N: "So I guess that means I pass."

Ozpin: "Indeed." 

As he said this, the headmaster extends a hand for a handshake.

Ozpin: "Once again, congratulation, Mr. L/N."

Y/N stare at the hand for a bit before proceeding to handshake with him. The headmaster sits back down.

Ozpin: "You may leave. Miss Goodwitch will show you to your dorm room in a few moments."

As Y/N leave the headmaster's office, Y/N ponder over the sudden appearance of his cousin, Darius, who he thought died when their hometown (Brightwell) was destroyed.

Y/N: ("Don't worry, Darius. Once we meet again, I'll going to help you. I just know I can.")

Back at Ozpin's office, Glynda looks back to Ozpin, who still looking at the three playing cards.

Glynda: "Are you sure he'll be fine as a student?"

Ozpin: "The young man will have doubts and may even desire to leave but, I know that the longer he stays here in Beacon and connect with the students here, the more attached he'll be to the school and everyone in it."

Glynda: "I... see."

Glynda goes to the elevator shaft to meet up with Y/N. Ozpin proceed to put away the three cards: a King, an Ace, and a Joker card.

 Ozpin proceed to put away the three cards: a King, an Ace, and a Joker card

__________________________________________________________________________

Y/N waited for Glynda to show up out of the elevator shaft. Once she did, he turns to face her. 

Y/N: "So, I guess that makes you are one of my teachers, huh?"

Glynda: "That's correct. Your combat instructor, to be exact."

Y/N: "Oh... that's good to know."

Y/N looks away from the woman's gaze, making her perk a brow.

Glynda: "What is it?"

Y/N: "Oh, it's just that... I'm not exactly the best in... sparring matches."

Glynda, remembering Y/N's files of his expulsion from Signal Academy and the incident behind it, approach him a bit with a warm smile.

Glynda: "It'll be fine. I'll make sure nothing goes wrong."

Y/N: "Oh, I'm glad to hear that. Thank you, Miss Goodwitch."

He proceeds to bow out of respect. Glynda was surprised by this student's mannerism. 

Glynda: "You know, when I first heard your mentor was Qrow. I assume you-"

Y/N stand straight, gazing at the deputy headmaster.

Y/N: "I be a mini version of Qrow, right?"

Glynda: "Y-Yes."

Y/N: "Don't worry. I won't cause trouble. Now that I'm a student, I'll do the best I can here."

Glynda giggle at his remark.

Glynda: "At any rate, I will show you to your dorm room."

Y/N: "Lead the way."

They begin walking to where the dorm rooms are, while having a small chat here and there. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(The City of Vale)

It was nighttime with the broken moon lighting up the night sky. Roman is in his hideout, planning the next stage of his heist, muttering his way through different plans. But none of them seem to work in his favor. 

Roman: ("Dammit. The cops are closing in on our operations too quickly. I need some distraction, something to throw the cops off our trail. But what...?")

The crime boss thumbs through a newspaper about the Vytal Festival and its financing around the globe. He goes to the next page to see an article about the White Fang and their violent protests. Even having a photo, showing the members dressed up in matching black, white, and red outfits with their logo on their backs. This prompt him to pause for a moment before having a conniving smile on his face. 

Roman: ("This might just work.")