His words are interrupted by Ozpin's voice on the mic. 

Ozpin: "Now then, for those who didn't find a partner or obtained a relic will be forced to be expelled from Beacon. However, for those who have the red pawn piece will be given a second chance. And that second chance comes in the form of being the 5th member of a team established here today."

Y/N: ("Wait, really!? Shit! Why the hell did I lose it!?")

Ozpin clear his throat before he speaks further.

Ozpin: "Y/N L/N. Please step forward."

Y/N proceeds to walk up the stage to meet Ozpin, trying his best to hide his nervousness. Ozpin continues.

Ozpin: "Although you have failed to find a partner, you are the only one that came back with a red pawn relic."

Y/N: ("Ah, great! Should I tell him that I lost it? Does he already know? He must've known, right?")

Ozpin: "You may not heard the memo, Mr. L/N, but you must give the chess piece to Miss Goodwitch, not to me."

Y/N: "Huh?"

His eyes widen when he sees the headmaster take out a red chess piece from his pocket.

Y/N: ("What the?")

The headmaster then looks at the crowd of students. 

Ozpin: "Since he obtained this relic, Mr. L/N will now be a fifth member of a team."

The crowd begin to whisper and chatter with one another with Y/N saying back.

Y/N: "U-Um, thank you?"

Ozpin: "Well, this is the first time this had happened. And it would be a shame to send off someone like you away."

Y/N: ("Someone like me?")

Ozpin: "Now tell me. What other chess pieces were between your chess piece?"

Y/N ponder over the headmaster's question for a moment before answering.

Y/N: "It was... the white knight pieces." 

Ozpin just smirks at this as he says loudly. 

Ozpin: "If that's the case. You will be joining the team that holds the white knight piece. Therefore, Mr. L/N will be Team RWBY's fifth member! Henceforth, this new team will be called Team RWBY+Y/N! Congratulations."

Most of the crowd begin to clap, not expecting this turn of events. While some were skeptical or just weren't clapping back. As Y/N leave the stage, he's completely dumbfounded over what just happened. 

Y/N: ("What in the gods' name just happened?")

But he then gets tackled into a hug by Ruby and Yang, causing him to fall to the floor along with them. 

Y/N: "Ow..."

Ruby: "Yay!"

Yang: "Way to go!"

Weiss just couldn't comprehend what just even happened, while Blake just gives Y/N a smile. 

Blake: ("Good for him.")

Y/N tries to get up from the floor with the two sisters still hugging him. Y/N then looks back at the headmaster who merely smirk.

Ozpin: "It looks like things are shaping up to be an... interesting year."

________________________________________________________________________________

(Ozpin's Office)

The irritated Y/N slams his hands in Ozpin's desk.

Y/N: "What the hell was that?!"