The Darkness sucks

A/N Based on the end of s10. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE SEASON 10 FINALE (10x23 Brothers Keeper) YET.

Hope you enjoy :)

The Darkness sucks.

-

They have been sitting for what feels like forever. It's like the old times, sitting for days and days

-

"Finally," a voice says.

"Cas?"

-

A swoosh of wings

-

Steady ground beneath their feet

-

"You're safe now," Cas says.

"Cas how did you..." Sam asks. They hear Cas sigh.

"I searched through the profound bond of Dean and me. It took me a while, I am sorry."

"Cas... It's okay. We're glad you found us," Dean says. He doesn't know what to do or say. The Darkness is everywhere, and he doesn't like it.

"You found them?" another voice asks.

"Crowley?!"

"The one and only." They can almost hear him grinning. "Don't shoot, I have an explanation," he says before Dean can even get out his gun.

They sit down at the table in the library, and Crowley explains how Rowena cursed Cas after she got free. How his eyes went all bloody and how he almost tried to kill Crowley. He had been tied to a chair for days, only able to talk properly every few hours.

How Cas had searched for Dean and Sam, and how he finally had mastered himself above of the curse. He was stable enough to actually go out and search.

"So, he's got us. Why don't you leave?" Dean asks as soon as Crowley is done.

"Calm down," Sam tries. "He's helped Cas."

Always trying to be the good guy, Dean thinks. But okay, he will let Crowley stay with them.

-

The first day back in the bunker is weird. Sam and Dean have had dark times before, when the light wasn't working. But this is nothing like it. This is pure darkness, everywhere.

They turn on a lamp. It works, but it only lights up an very, very small area around itself.

Sam says they should save the energy for charging their phones.

Dean tries to make dinner for Sam and him. The food burns because he doesn't see if it's cooked well enough. They eat it anyways.