Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

"Even the air is different." He comments looking around in wonder.

"Are you excited?" I inquire.

"Yes and honestly a little scared, I've never left Phoenix and now I'm all the way across the country." He confesses.

"And that's how you know that you're growing. It's time for you to spread your wings and soar. You need to discover who you are and sometimes that requires you to leave your comfort zone." I reassure him.

During all my big moves, Darius was there with me so I was never alone. I feel honoured that I can be here for Diego just as my big brother was for me.

"Thanks Hannah." He says smiling at me.

"Anytime, now let's get a cab to our hotel before it gets dark." I reply.

Diego nods and waves a taxi down for us. After loading up all our bags we get in and off to the heart of Providence we go. We aren't staying at the university, I booked a hotel room nearby. It will give us time to explore and learn about the place before Diego has to report in for school. He will be staying at the dorms but I didn't want to stick him in there just yet, he has the next four years of his life for that.

"This is nice." Diego comments as a bell boy helps us bring our bags into our room after we're done checking into the hotel.

"Thought I'd pay a little extra and be fancy so I booked us a suite, we each get our own bedroom and bathroom but we share everything else."I explain.

I never get to spend my money on things except for basic bills and since Darius left me a hefty inheritance I can afford to spoil Diego for a week.

"Awesome." Diego grins looking around happily.

I tip the bell boy before closing the door and walking further into the room.

"Why don't we get settled in. I'll order us room service and get some much needed rest. We have a lot of exploring to do tomorrow." I suggest.

"Okay, I'll go call Sofia first." Diego says jumping up from the sofa he was perched on.

I smile at his excitement wishing I could call my boyfriend as well, or boyfriend to be but that's not possible and its kind of sad. But I will not be sad forever because he is getting out soon. And I can't wait.

My phone rings as I'm unpacking my bags in my room and I retrieve it excitedly thinking it's Santiago but my smile fades once I see who's calling me.

"What?" I mumble my phone stuck between my ear and my shoulder.

"Hello to you too best friend. I'm doing okay, thanks for asking." Jada retorts sarcastically.

"I'm sorry. I thought you were Santiago." I apologize for being curt with her.

"You still haven't heard from him yet?"

"No and I'm worried. I wish there was a way for me to know but all I can do is wait until he calls me." I answer.

"I'm sorry bestie but keep being positive, I'm sure it all worked out fine." Jada encourages.

"Thank you, I'm trying." I mumble.

"You'll be fine, you both will be. How's Providence? Have you settled into the hotel?" Jada asks.

"I'm actually unpacking right now, the flight was okay and Rhode Island is nice but different. I haven't left Phoenix in years so it feel strange being away but excited as well. I was due for a vacation." I reply.

"I'm glad you're getting a chance to catch a break and explore. I want you to have fun." Jada demands.

"I will. So how's the honeymoon going? Where are you again?" I ask.