Part 53: Snatched it

Ashley's POV

This is all Xavier's fault. I will definitely not let him get away with this little stunt of his. It was supposed to be me and my friends only. But he had to get Vanessa to tag along with us.

I huffed.

"Hey, its okay. Lets just choose some dresses and get over it." Kelly said with a sigh. Emily smiled at me too.

I huffed again.

Julie is busy entertaining Vanessa because i am in no mood for her nonsense and Emily and Kelly don't want to deal with her. Only julie has that much energy.

We go into our first store of the day. Us girls had decided to buy all that we needed for prom, New year and Christmas all in one day but i don't think that is going to happen now. It would be a miracle if we even find something for prom.

I have not liked Vanessa since first day and that feeling had just increased the other day. I remember it very clearly.

Flashback..........

After going in and out of a few shops and a couple stuff bought, we went to get some food in our starving stomachs. While i was having my burger, i saw Lucas and Vanessa coming out of a store through the glass wall beside our table.

Lucas was engrossed in his phone and Vanessa was looking through one of her bags. But what got me was the close proximity they were in.

And just like that, i lost my appetite and the energy that was required to pretend that i was happy.

And i am pretty sure Julie noticed the sudden shift in my mood but didn't comment on it.

As we went out, we actually bumped into both of them. Julie immediately started to apologize but stopped after seeing who it was and narrowed her eyes.

"God, Ashley! I'm sorry. Are you okay?" Vanessa asked, probably concerned or i don't know.

"I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me." I told her tiredly.

"Well, did you go for a check up after today's incident?" She asked again.

I avoided looking at Lucas.

"Yeah she did and she's fine." Julie cut in before i could speak. Knowing damn well i was not in the mood.

"Well it's good then. I never thought Paige would do something like that. You know Lucas even broke up with her because of what she did." She said mischievously.

Okay, i never wanted to know that.

"And now, he is with me." She said in a haughty way.

Wow, he's fast. I did not let the sad and dark thoughts intrude and finally looked up at him blankly. He was already observing my face.

I looked away.

Julie snorted. "Well, good to hear. After all you both deserve each other."

I suppressed my tiny smile. And as always ignoring the hidden meaning behind her words, Vanessa beamed and looked up at Lucas.

And what she did next was unexpected. She rose up on her feet and kissed his cheek.

My eyes narrowed on their own accord and i balled up my fists.

Lucas also looked surprised. He harshly wiped his cheek with the back of his hand and took a step back. And Vanessa completely ignored his reaction too and grinned at us.