4. Responsibility

Taehyung ends up sitting at the back of the class, the row he's at and the one before it is completely empty. 

Maybe other students are aware that he's the President's son and they've steered clear, especially after witnessing a horde of bodyguards chasing him. Maybe it's because he just has an overwhelming personality that's difficult to handle. 

Or... maybe it could be in the way you're in a suit, hands clasped on the table, intense stare darted straight ahead at the projector screen that's made everyone steer clear of Taehyung.

Either way, you make it perfectly clear that you're his bodyguard and anyone who dares to attack him will meet your hands.

On the other hand, Taehyung doesn't seem particularly disheartened that a class of three hundred have avoided him like the plague. 

Rather, he appears bored out of his mind as the professor drones on and on. His arm is propped on the table, chin in his hand, leaning over, and his head is turned to stare at you as if your face are the handles of the clock and he's waiting for time to pass.

"Hey, Y/n."

Silence.

Taehyung doesn't force you to talk. Instead, he continues, "Think you can teach me how to kick and punch like that? It was really... hot. If you don't want to teach me, maybe you can do it to me. What do you say? Hmm? Wanna kick my ass and step all over me? I welcome it completely."

Silence.

He pokes your shoulder. "Y/n."

More silence.

He does it again. "Y/n."

Except this time, Taehyung is loud enough that the students two rows away turn around, frowning at the disturbance. In order to not draw any unnecessary attention, your neck cranes towards him. He smiles at how you've given in.

"No."

Taehyung pouts. "You're no fun. Still a goody-goody, huh?"

"Pay attention."

"But this is so boring. I'd rather pay attention to you. At least you're prettier than the professor."

There's no more comments made from you. Nothing is said and as usual, you let him do whatever he wants. He'll get bored of you anyways. But you underestimate Taehyung.

For the entire hour, he stares at you with an infuriating smile. And when class is over, he's still staring as the pair of you march across campus together. 

"You look good in a suit. But aren't you hot in that?"

"No."

"Well, you stick out like a sore thumb, Y/n. I wanted someone discreet and not like I'm with an extra from James Bond or the Matrix."

"This is the official uniform," you tell him shortly.

He smiles to himself, glad that you're saying more than one word to him. "Yeah, I know. By the way, are we actually going to another class of mine? Can we just stop for a second? Maybe you can teach me how to do that kick or throw that punch? I think that's a much better way to spend our time."

You stop, feet halting on the grass. Knowing him, he won't let it go ever. The easier way to deal with Taehyung is to appease him. So you bend your knees, halfheartedly, arms lifting to lightly punch the air. "There. Like that."

An enormous grin spreads across his face. "Wait, wait. I have to bend my knees, okay. Elbows in like this?" He tries it, but then quickly slumps in his spot, lips down-turning. 

"Not bad."

He shakes his head. "You don't have to compliment me. I know I'm not doing it right. It doesn't feel right. How about you punch me?" Taehyung turns, patting his chest before you can say a hard 'no'. "Do it. I only learn through real demonstration. You have my full consent. My full permission. Hit me. Pound me, Y/n. Please."

You stare at him. He stares at you.

Your sigh is held in, released only internally and you prepare your stance, knees bent, arms up. As light as possible, you come at the middle of his chest with a fore-fist, knuckles smacking into the middle of the target. And Taehyung's left to inhale a sharp breath, stumbling back on impact and wheezing.

You didn't even hit that hard. 

"G-Goddamn. Holy hell." He clutches his wound, bending over as he coughs a storm. The chance to apologize never comes. "That was so fucking hot!"

Taehyung is smitten. You're disgusted.

"Can you do that again?! Please, Y/n?! I'm begging yo- hey! Where are you going? Don't just walk away from me! Don't you know that's rude?"

You continue walking, quickening your pace. Taehyung's teasing you and while you don't particularly appreciate it. It's especially hard to say anything when he's so happy about it. Not a lot has changed since when you were both young.

"You know, you became pretty cool, Y/n. You're not much of a cute twerp anymore. You have this whole cold, hardcore image going on. It's mysterious. I admire that. Reminds me of your dad. Is that where you got your inspiration from?"

"You're late for class."

"I'm always late." He shrugs. "Dumbo, maybe I should upgrade your name to bulldozer. You seem to just bulldoze ahead in life without stopping. Nothing affects you. Like a wall. I can appreciate that."