13.6 Stockholm Syndrome

Haseena's PoV

"khuch toh kha lo", I pushed the plate to his side. He had not eaten since yesterday.

"man nahi hai Haseena", Anubhav denied for the nth time.
"I wish I could solve this", he said in mix of anger, frustration and guilt for not being able to protect his family.

"see agar tum khana kha lo, toh bhi he will be better. Acha thodi lagega me ye complain unse karu?"

"you are not that bad in baby sitting", he teased me for throwing such a lame bait. Though I could really complain to his father seeing how weak he looked. To my victory, he took the plate and started to eat the fried rice.

"waise tum ek fierce cop ho, lekin khaana bahout tasty banati ho"

"Fuck you, judging me like that", I slapped his arm for his misogynist comment.
"No I mean", he bit back his sentence trying to rephrase it." I didnt mean to stereo type...You cook good...thats it. Rest is deleted" I chuckled. I am both mused and afraid the way he makes me laugh on silly things.

"Is there anything more you lied to me or still hiding ?", he asked looking at me again after taking a bite.
"regarding your family...not at all", I answered patiently.

"And you?"

" A lot! ", I passed my signature mysterious grin. He scrunched.

"Those marks...?"

"oh man...are you a fan of them?", I said laughing.

"I dont know... I just feel uneasy...something very bad about them", his words scratched my old wounds. Well they have never got that old. They have always pained and restrained me.

"Because they are...", I answered absent minded. He finished the plate silently when I didn't say any further.

"They remind me of my loss. My inability as a soldier. Anubhav...I was in Special Task Force, In Army. One mission, One wrong implementation...or sab khtam ho gaya...7 of us, 3 were dead, 2 handicapped and me and one more only survivors who made it physically well. But emotionally we are wrecked", I said once he looked at me again with eagerness to hear, solve or soothe my worries.

I inhaled. The way he looked at me softly, the mix of likinginess and desire is wrong. It shouldn't be. He will end up hurting. He held my palm and kissed the back of it... I began sharing all of it, for the second time in my life.

"Army Hospital se I was referred to AIIMS then. Waha par mujhe tumhare papa mile. He was the one who operated and saved me. Physically heal hone ke baad bhi I couldnt sleep, had bouts of anger, zoned out. Unhone hi mujhe therapies suggest ki. Jab koi psychiatrist ke saath mai comfortable nahi hui toh unhone hi mere sessions lene shuru kar diye..."

I turned my face sideways. "He knows every damn thing about me, the darkest, dirtiest secrets. I am an emotionally damaged person who gives a hell to deal with... so you should stop looking at me like that. No father would want his child to be interested in such a person"

He choked on his own spit.

"what ?"

"You know what I am talking about so don't pretend...", I said with a grin.

"Well in that case, If I am so obvious that you feel it, my father doesn't interfere with my dating choices", he smirked leaning into me in a teasing way

"That means you are interested in me?", I smiled cockily.

"Dont tell me you blush", His cheeks had turned so pink and bright that it was recognisable even with his grown stubble.