3.4 Finally Us (After Broken Engagement)

Haseena rushed down to kitchen to get some food for him. She didn't talk to anyone as he was already running late on his medicines.

KS- ye MS bina kuch bole hi chali gayi? Hum..hum dekh kar aate hai.

Ammi- Ruko Karishma hum dekhte hai.

Haseena enters his room to find him lost seeing something in his hand. It was the same photo frame he hid when she entered before. With a plate of food she sat beside him and saw the picture. It was clicked by her Ammi when they went to AS's home after he returned from Delhi and talks of their sagai started. Life took a full 360 for them after that.

In that picture Haseena had hugged Maa from one side and Anubhav from the other. At the back his father's picture was hung. Maa had gone emotional, remembering him, on the day of a new beginning for her children.

He rubbed his finger tip over his father's image. "Baba ki bohot yaad aa rahi hai, Haseena", his voice was a bit cracking. Keeping the plate aside, she hugged him side ways. She never saw him such emotional. May be he was more emotional than her but never showed.
Ammi saw this and was relieved a bit. She thought of giving the couple some space who had already suffered a lot.

"Anubhav aapne Maa ko abhi sach batane se kyu mana kiya?", she asked. Her hands were strongly holding his arm. "Agar hum abhi Maa ko sach batate hai aur apne swasthye ke baare me kahenge toh vo vapis laut aayenge...abhi humare dost (mission partner) ki patni ko zyada zarurat hai unki. 6 mahine ka sishu hai aur unke Mata pita bhi us ghatna se ubhar nahi paaye...ek baar vaha sab sahi ho jaaye toh hum unhe batadenge.", he stated. Her heart melted at his thoughts. "I love you", was the only thing she thought she could say in response. He has always kept others before him, in the worst situations too.

She was indeed lucky to have him as he was to have her.

"Chaliye ab khana khaiye...bohot late ho gaya hai medicines ke liye", she declared taking the plate between them. He was satisfied, emotionally too, eating from her hands and sharing the plate with her.

"Ye lijye aapki davaiya...ab change ho gayi hai...aur ha aapki neend ki dava humne doctor se request karke band karva di hai...agar aapko neend aane me abhi bhi dikkat ho toh hume batana." He smiled at her, without even telling once, she knew he didn't like to depend on a pill, for sleep.

She wished him good night and was going to leave when he interrupted,
hesitant to ask,
"Ahh..agar aap comfortable hai toh...(in one go, closing his eyes) humare saath yahi so sakti hai?"

"Toh isme aap itna hichkicha kyu rahe hai?", she asked smiling. Switching of the lights she laid beside him, holding his palm. "Aap humare life- partner hai".

"Aap sachme humse shaadi karna chahti hai?", he asked once again.

She scowled. "Aap phirse humse thapad khana chahte hai?", she said angrily.

"Sorry", he mumbled closing his eyes with a peaceful smile. "Agar hum aaj Anubhav ko batayenge mission ke baare mein toh shayad phirse inhe neend lene me dikkat ho...ek do din aur intezar karte hai", she thought.

"Kya soch rahi hai?"

"Aa..khuch nahi...humne aapko zor se thappar maara? Sorry!". He pulled her a little more closer, keeping her hand over him.

"Ab toh lagta hai humme iski aadat bandhni padegi ", he laughed while she narrowed her eyes at him. "Ek baar mukka, phir laat , ab chaata?", he added faking sadness. Her lips formed an 'O'. "Humne aapko laat kab maari...joothe", she stated. "Maari thi, pakdawa vivha ke case me", he said with a sly smile. "Vo toh humne aapko bachane ki liye maari thi...aur aise toh hum aapko hazaar baar aur maar sakte hai", she answered with a smirk.