CHAPTER 21

DEVEN RAJPUT'S POV:

Four weeks. It has been four weeks since I last saw Adhweta or even heard her voice. I have tried everything to get her to talk to me but all my tactics have gone down the drain.

Well what do you expect when instead of thanking her for taking care of you, you ended up shouting on her for reasons of which she is unaware. It's a blessing that she had not skinned you alive then and there only!

It seems like she is applying my technique of treating the other person like a ghost, on me. If I arrange a meeting then her assistant shows up, if I go for a video conference then her camera would be turned off with her giving only the much needed responses. If I call her then my call would be transferred to her voicemail and then she would mail her answers to my inquiry instead of calling me back.

Rubbing my hands on my face I looked down at the file which I had been trying to read for the past ten minutes only to get lost in the thoughts of my fire breathing dragonfly. A knock on my door resounded in my cabin. Calling out a 'come in' I straightened my back and adjusted my glasses back on.

"Sir these are the files you asked for and I did check the inventory records. There have been abnormal losses of very costly materials in the past six months, more than what can be ignored or overlooked sir. And as per the contracts signed with the clients we have to bear this loss. Maybe we'll be able to manage this right now but in long run it will have negative effects on the company sir."

"You are right. Send the inventory records for the past six months to my penthouse and schedule a meeting with the stock keepers for tomorrow. Daksh ...ah..were you able to contact Ms. Singh?"

"Ah ...yes sir i was able to contact Ms. Mira Kapoor and she has assured me that our work is progressing at a good pace."

"Daksh, I asked about Ms. Singh not Ms. Kapoor."

"Sir Ms. Singh is currently unavailable." fixing his tie he bit out in a low voice.

Fisting my hands, I tried to reign in the frustration which seems to be coursing throughout my body.

"Call her."

"Call whom..s-sir?" looking at me, he tucked at his tie once more.

Just one menacing look from me had him turning his pockets inside out to take out his phone and calling the said person, all at once.

"Hey Daksh what's up bro? Now to which whims and fancies of his highness do I have to cater to?"

"Ma'am sir is asking for you."

"Daksh, do you believe in manifestation?"

Furrowing my eyebrows, I gestured him to go on.

"Ah...mmm..yes ma'am?"

"Good...well I am a firm believer of manifestation. And for the past few days the one thing that I am manifesting with all my might is to give your boss a nice massage around his neck with my hands and trust me most of the time I have achieved whatever I have manifested so the only way your precious royal boss can stay alive is when he is out of my sight. And please tell him to stop suffocating me with the number of bouquets and sorry notes he keeps sending me. I am no one to him."

With a ping of finality the call ended. Her last line struck a chord in me. She took the words which I had spoken and delivered them like a tight slap on my face.

Flashback:

As I was treading the path between consciousness and unconsciousness, a familiar muffled ringtone cut through thehaze of drowsiness directing me towards an abrupt alertness.