Once I finally found the courage to remove my eyes from his ensnaring hold, I briefly allowed myself to trail the surrounding area. It was then that I noticed he'd been sitting at a long table sectioned off in a VIP section with the rest of the men from the trip. I watched as the group of attractive male friends unanimously drank hard liquor and attempted to get Sean to join in with the two women currently sticking their tongues down each other's throats. Disgusting.

When my gaze inevitably filtered back to Kendall, his appearance continued to remain expressionless. Rather, his jet black orbs were now fixed on my vulnerable form, telekinetically pinning my feet to the hardwood floor. 

Prior to our encounter, I had conveniently allowed myself to forget that I'd been wearing a poor excuse of a coverup that failed to leave much to the imagination. However, as his stigmatizing gaze openly swept across my figure, I was reminded of every last decisive moment he had to view my body through my indecent wardrobe.

A cold shiver ran down my spine the moment his face shifted from one of confusion into one of unadulterated disapproval. His previous undecided guise now bore a dangerously lustful emotion mixed in with irritation that went unshielded— even amidst the hazy lights.

Shit.

The intense exchange was soon interrupted when a rather burly man approached me, unknowingly infringing upon my much preferred view of the cynical man sat quietly across the room. Annoyed by the sudden disturbance, I tried to sidestep the stranger and find Kendall but he simply trailed my movements, effectively blocking my view. Again.

"Well, aren't you a fine piece of sweet brown sugar? Are you planning to just stand around looking all lost, or are you interested in anything you see?" The man asked in a strong Caribbean accent, while one of his eyebrows perked upward and he stared down at me suggestively. If I was being honest, he was actually a good looking man, with his skin retaining a vibrant coffee bean shade and his framed Afro full of small coiled strands.

"Sorry, but I'm not interested." I told him bluntly, moving my head around his bulky form in an attempt to see where Kendall had disappeared off to.

"C'mon, don't be like that, beautiful." He persisted, now leaning forward so that his tarty breath involuntarily fanned in my face. I took a step back, now finding the somewhat attractive man to be a nuisance.

"Look, I was actually on my way out. So, I think I'll do just that." I said, no longer spotting Kendall's towering form in the chair he formerly occupied. However, the persistent stranger posted in front of me didn't seem to like my chaste response, causing one of his hands to sprout out and enclose tightly around my waist.

"Okay, I see what you're trying to do, mama. You're playing hard to get. Well, I happen to pleasure in the game of cat and mouse. Makes it much more fun in the the bedroom, if you know what I mean?" He whispered into my ear, causing me to squeal in surprise and instinctively jolt my knee up to strike him in his groin. The sudden impact caused him to crouch down temporarily, as his once flirtatious smile morphed into one of anger.

"What the fuck, bitch?" He groaned, just as one of his hands lunged out at me. However, before he could fully retaliate, a firm hand grasped harshly onto his shoulder and with an unprecedented force shoved him a few steps back.

"Woah man, is this your girl?" The man asked, his tone slightly lightening after sizing up Kendall and taking in his notable build.

"Yes. She is. Is there a problem?" Kendall returned candidly, his voice husky but carrying an undertone of something deadly. Somehow, the sound of him unhesitatingly claiming me caused my heart to pump a couple of beats faster.