27. Geneva

"Bring them back in here," Theo says to Zachary.

He nods his head before heading out of the room to retrieve the men that were previously seated in here.

As the men file in silently, I'm sitting emotionless next to Julianna while Theodore's thumb rubs the back of my hand gently under the table.

Once everyone's seated, Theo stands up and addresses his men.

"Gentlemen. This is my fiancée; Vittoria Abruzzo. She is daughter of Adriano and Gia Abruzzo. As I mentioned earlier they were taken yesterday, along with Vittoria's aunt and brothers. I want them found and I want it done quickly."

The men all look at me, some with pity, some with anger.

"Italian? Eísai arravoniasménos me énan Italó? Póte égine aftó afentikó?" One of the men spoke.
You're engaged to an Italian? When did this happen boss?

"Enough! You shall not question my personal life," Theodore shouts.

I stand slowly from my seat. "Nai, eímai Italós. Óchi móno arravoniastíkame me ton Thodorí, allá kai oi oikogéneiés mas échoun kánei symmachía. Ypothéto óti eseís oi ándres den échete enimerotheí. I oikogéneia eínai ta pánta gia ména. Kai vlépontas óti o Theo kai egó tha pantreftoúme sýntoma, tha eíste óloi sýntoma kai i oikogéneiá mou. Elpízo loipón óti i oikogéneia tha me voithísei. Ektós ki an oi Éllines den prostatévete o énas ton állon?"
Yes I am an Italian. Not only are Theodore and I engaged, our families have also made an alliance. I'm guessing you men haven't been made aware. Family is everything to me. And seeing as Theo and I are to be married soon, you all will soon be my family as well. So I would hope that family will help me. Unless you Greeks don't protect one another?

Several of them look over at me with surprised eyes, while the rest stare at Theodore with shocked expressions.

"Did I mention she's fluent in Greek?" A sly smirk spreads across Theo's face.

I roll my eyes at Theodore's audacity to crack jokes during a time like this.

"So. Will you help me? Or will I have to force you all to?" I question the men with my arms folded tightly across my chest.

An eerie silence fills the room for a moment before one man, in the farthest corner of the room stands from his seat and locks eyes with me.

"Anything for the future wife of Afentikó," he nods his head firmly.

Slowly, other men stand with him as they nod in agreement, until everyone in the room has agreed to help me get my family back.

A wave of emotions hit me as they all watch me with dedication burning in their eyes.

"Thank you," I smile to them.

Theodore rests his hand on my lower back, trying to comfort me.

"What would you like us to do sir?" Another man asks.

"First things first gentlemen. Everyone take a seat; we're going to be here for a while," Theo says as he takes my hand and pulls us down into our seats, and places his hand in mine once more.

***

"We must find where the Americans are located. The sooner we find Gagliardi, the sooner we find the Abruzzo's. They've been gone almost 24 hours so that gives the Americans quite a bit of time to move them."