18. Acquainted

It's been two days since the dinner with Theodore and Julianna.

Yesterday Jules and Theo spent the whole day shopping and doing everything that Jules wanted to do. They left around 10am and returned around 8pm when Theodore surprised Julianna with a brand new puppy.

She absolutely loved it and immediately started crying as she tackled Theodore to the floor and thanked him.

He bought her a little yorkie which she named Pixie.

It's now Sunday at 10am and I'm getting ready to spend my day with Theodore. I'm wearing a floor length black sundress with long sleeves and a pair of white sneakers. I have my hair straightened and pulled back into a slick ponytail.

I didn't really feel like wearing makeup today so I just washed my face and freshened up.

Theodore's name flashes on my phone and I see a message from him saying;

Are you ready to go?

I quickly reply yup before grabbing a grey oversized sweater and a small purse to carry all
my necessities.

As I leave my room I see Theodore standing at the bottom of the stairs wearing black sweatpants, white sneakers and a black hoodie. I greet him with a small smile as I meet him at the bottom of the stairs.

"Goodmorning," he greets me with a slight smirk.

"Morning. What's got you smiling?" I question.

"We're matching," he says with a slightly brighter grin. My face flashes red as I realize we're practically wearing the exact same outfit.

Theodore begins guiding me to the front door with his hand hovering over my lower back. "What would you like to do fir-" He's interrupted by the sound of someone calling his name down the hall.

"THEO?"

We turn to find Angelina sprinting full speed towards him. She jumps up and latches herself to his body before attempting to kiss him. Theodore immediately pushes her away and scowling at her.

"Angelina." He says blankly, his eyes quickly growing cold.

"I miss you baby. Can we go out today?" She says biting her lip while playing with her hair.

"No," is his only response as he takes a step back from her.

"Why not? It's Sunday, you know I leave tonight." Angelina begins to whine.

"Can you not see that we're about to leave?" I can tell Theo is starting to get irritated by the way his jaw is clenched.

"But I-" she begins only to be cut off.

"Ready to go Vittoria?" He turns his attention to me before grabbing my hand and practically dragging me out the door. The last thing I see before it shuts is Angelina glowering at me with a bright red face.

We walk to the side of the house to a row of cars parked. "Pick whichever one you'd like," is all he says while trying to calm down.

My eyes scan the cars in front of me before landing on a beautiful sleek black car sitting on the end.

I basically sprint towards the car and look back at him with a smile.

"Not that one," he says walking over to me.

Raising an eyebrow at him, "You said whichever one I like." Theodore sighs before walking over and opening the passenger door for me.

My smile grows wider as I climb in the car and take in the interior.

The car is red and black on the inside with carbon seats and the most bizarre steering wheel I've ever seen. Theo gets in the drivers seat before putting on his seat belt and telling me to put on mine.

"This car is beautiful." I murmur.

"It's called Chaos. It's a greek car by Spyros Panopoulos." His greek accent thick.

Theodore presses his thumb on the dashboard causing a soft purr from the car.

"There's no key?" I question.

"Fingerprint recognition," is all he says before slowly peeling out the driveway.

We began driving down the road in complete silence. "What would you like to do first?" He turns to me.

I planned on using today as a way to get to know Theodore.

"I'm hungry," I reply looking away from him.

"Where would you like to eat?"

"I don't know any places in New York," I respond sheepishly.

Theo goes silent for a moment before answering. "I know a spot called George's. They have really good breakfast."

I look over at him and nod my head. I don't really care where we eat as long as it's good. Theodore pulls out his phone and calls the restaurant, making reservations for two. The ride to George's was quick; only about 10 minutes.

Theodore parks the car on the street and makes his way over to a parking meter. Once he's done paying we walk through the doors of the cute restaurant.

A man greets us at the hosts station; "Hi how may I help you?" Theodore gives the man a nod before saying, "Quintiliani, reservation for two."
The man looks down at the iPad in front of him before smiling up at us. "Right this way sir."

The man leads us to a quiet corner on the second floor. The tables upstairs are empty except for an elderly couple sitting on the opposite side of the room.

Theo pulls out my chair for me before taking his seat. The host tells us that someone will be with us shortly and to enjoy our meal.

"Alright Vittoria. How would you like to spend the day?" Theo asks while staring at me from across the table.

"I want to get to know you and explore New York." Is all I say.

The corners of his mouth tug up slightly. "So I give you the option of doing whatever it is that you please today and you choose to get to know me?"

"And explore New York! Hey we are stuck together after all. So I think I should know at least something about you." I smirk at him.

"Ah yes. Well let's spend the day exploring New York and getting acquainted." Theodore gives me a slight nod before dropping his eyes to the menu.

Hopefully today goes well.