Research Invokation

I do not own anything related to Ben 10 or Genshin Impact

Ben 10 belongs to Man of Action

Genshin Impact belongs to miHoYo

Please support the official release

The Alien Hero of Teyvat

Chapter 8 – Research Invokation

Mondstadt is basking in the glow of yet another glorious day, as its inhabitants bustle about with energy and enthusiasm. Amber's day was moving at a snail's pace, so she decided to take a breather from her outrider duties. Afterwards, she planned to catch up with her buddy Ben for some much-needed hangout time. Taking a break from their commission work, they headed to the serene Cider Lake docks on the east side of Mondstadt. As they skipped rocks across the shimmering water, they enjoyed a leisurely chat and soaked up the peaceful surroundings.

"So Ben, it's been a month of you staying in Mondstadt, and I've remembered before you mentioned wanting to return to see your friends and family. How are you coping so far?" Amber inquired in order to satisfy her natural sense of curiosity as she flung a pebble and watched as it ricocheted four times before coming to rest.

"Honestly, I really miss them and they miss me too. But I know even though they're bummed that I'm not around, they're probably happy to know that I'm here in Teyvat doing good for others." As Ben hurled a rock into the water, he shared his insights on why he was performing the way he was. The rock skipped an impressive five times before finally plunging into the depths below.

"Cool, good to know! Hey, just wondering and don't mean to pry, but is it okay if I ask? What are your family and friends like?" Amber had this question in mind because, despite the fact that she was excited to hear about his aliens, she was also curious about the man who was responsible for the transformations.

"Let's see... my smart and reliable cousin Gwen is strong with her magic powers and is currently in college at a young age for being a bookworm. My best friend, Kevin, is with her because they're dating. Rook Blonko is my partner that helps me in superhero missions; honestly, he would be a great Knight of Favonius here. And the greatest mentor and family member in the world is my Grandpa Max." While Ben gazed up at the sky, a bittersweet smile played on his lips. He couldn't help but imagine the faces of the significant people he had mentioned, giving him a reassuring thumbs up.

"You're just like me! In my opinion, nobody in Teyvat compares to my grandfather." Amber's eyes lit up with excitement as Ben began to share about his grandpa. She could relate to the admiration he felt, as her own grandfather held a special place in her heart as the most remarkable person she had ever known.

"Really? Since you asked me about my family, I wanna know what your grandpa is like." It was Ben's time to pose the question back at Amber, and he was curious as to whether or not her grandfather was comparable to his own.

"He's the best! My grandfather was the founder of the Outriders. He's really enthusiastic and kind to everyone, and he inspired me to be like that along with becoming an Outrider. Ah, he even introduced me to my best friend Eula, and we grew up and trained together ever since." With a beaming smile, Amber shared with Ben all the wonderful qualities of her grandfather that she admires and holds in high esteem.

"He sounds exactly like my grandpa. Though, is his cooking normal?" Ben was utterly fascinated to discover the striking similarities between his and his friend's grandfathers. The resemblance between them was so uncanny, it was as if they were mirror images of one another.