Wolf's Gravestone

I do not own anything related to Ben 10 or Genshin Impact

Ben 10 belongs to Man of Action

Genshin Impact belongs to miHoYo

Please support the official release

The Alien Hero of Teyvat

Chapter 5 – Wolf's Gravestone

As of right now, Ben is participating in the entrance examinations for the Adventurer's Guild since the hero believes that it would be beneficial for him to work as an adventurer in Teyvat. He can help people with all the commissions they request, along with earning some Mora for him to survive on while still being stuck in this dimension. Amber tagged along because she wanted to provide her friend moral support and encouragement while he was taking his exam.

Ben's first instinct was to just turn into an alien for the duration of the test and sign himself up as "The Shapeshifter." However, in the end, the hero made the decision to just enlist himself as Ben because he thought it would be less of a hassle to do so.

Right now, Ben's situation isn't looking great because he bombed the first section of the exam but luckily aced the second. Even though the hero was thrilled that he had been allowed to continue on to the next round, it appears that his friend did not share his sense of optimism.

"Seriously?! What the heck was that, Ben? How did you fail the first part of the exam? I searched high and low for books that would aid you in this task, and the next thing I knew, you had answered "Jare Mivani" as the most terrifying domain in all of Mondstadt." As soon as Amber learned about Ben's performance on the tests just today, she sounded as though she was completely flabbergasted.

"Hey! They were all pretty much the same, so I went with the one that stood out the most. Amber, take it easy. I still passed and moved on to the next part of the exam, which is combat skills." Ben had done everything in his power to defend himself from the dismal performance he had shown on the examination so far.

The alien hero did not want to tell Amber this, but he did not care to study for this exam because he anticipated that all of the questions would be simple ones like "Why do you want to be an adventurer?" He was unprepared for questions of no relevance, such as where in Wolvendom one might not find a particular type of flower. Ben voiced his displeasure by remarking that the question sounded more like one pertaining to agriculture than it did to adventuring. In spite of this, he did score a lucky answer in the exam about survival abilities when he said steak.

"Are you going to start telling everyone about your powers now?" The Outrider was eager to learn if today was the day that the hero would at long last exhibit his aliens to the general public.

"That's the easy way out, but I always go the challenging route. Plain old me without any aliens should get the job done." Ben did not want to disclose his transformations to the general public just yet because he enjoyed his privacy and the fact that he was not being stalked by others.

"Does that explain why you requested a polearm? Were you trained to fight in a situation where you couldn't use the Omnitrix?" Amber was curious as to the reasoning behind Ben's decision to use that particular weapon. Since this morning, Ben has been asking her where he could locate a weapon that he could wield. In response, the knights have given him the Beginner's Protector spear to use.

If you're wondering why Ben opted for a polearm instead of something more conventional, he had good reason. The hero has wielded a sword before but decided to just settle down with a spear. He reasoned that, based on what he'd observed, swords are fairly common, and since he wanted to be unique, he decided against using one. It also shouldn't be that difficult for him to use it because he didn't do too badly when he utilized a long thorn that came from Pierce as a staff when he fought off against him while holding back.