Chapter 22- Keefe's POV

a/n: eeee im so sorry about how long I haven't updated. Ik i said because its summer, i would be able to update more, but it was exactly the opposite 😭

ill try and keep the updates more frequent.

also, i'm looking for someone who is willing to go back through the story and look for mistakes such as grammar, plot holes, or just anything that doesn't make sense, as well as providing feedback on the story. DM me :)

thank youuu <3

'Hey, isn't this easy?'

"Keefe!" Gianna barged into his room, furiously texting on her phone. Keefe looked up, startled. He was lounging on his bed, in nothing but pajama pants. Gianna's eyes skimmed over him, before he pulled his bedsheets up to his chest.

"So, the school just posted on their Instagram that although they already had a homecoming dance, they're gonna have another one for FoxFire students because we didn't get one." she ranted, still texting furiously. "It would be odd if we didn't go together, and you know, my parents and stuff-"

Keefe groaned, stopping her in the middle of her rant. "Seriously?"

Gianna eyed him. "Well we are dating-"

Keefe put his hand up. "Listen. We need to clear this up. Yes, we are dating, but it's only because I have to."

"Stupid Sophie Foster." Gianna muttered. Keefe glared at her, and she continued texting someone. "Doesn't matter. You're still taking me to the dance, and that's that."

She left the room, and Keefe reached for his phone the second it started buzzing. He had sent in his application for an Internship at Carter Industries, and had gone in for an interview earlier.

"What daddio?" Keefe answered the phone, wondering why the heck his father was calling him.

"I heard you applied at Carter Industries. Finally, your doing something with your life." his father said. Keefe groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Yes father. They still havent responded, so I don't know if I got the internship or not." Keefe said, spitting out the word father.

Lord Cassius's sigh was so loud Keefe moved his ear away from the phone. "Keefe, this is your last chance to get into an ivy league school. I will not settle for less."

"I know," Keefe groaned. "If that's all you wanted to say, i'll be hanging up now."

Before his father could say anything else, Keefe disconnected the call. Keefe lay on his bed, his phone next to him, staring up at the ceiling. It had stars painted on it. Some blue, some gold, some green, and some silver. Keefe had done it himself, and when his parents had seen it, they said nothing. Absolutely nothing. Keefe grabbed his phone, and dialed Sophie's number, yes he had memorized it, into the keypad, listening to it ring. He waited, and when the phone went to voicemail, he called Fitz. He needed someone to talk to.

"Hey man." Keefe greeted him. There was a few crashes on the other end of the call, with Fitz muttering a few curse words. 

"Sorry, i'm trying to make Mallowmelt. Its not going well, to say the least." Fitz said. Keefe nodded, knowing that Fitz couldn't see him. "What are you up to?" 

"Nothing. Gianna's making me take her to the dance."

"Oh- shit man. Well, you have to take her. Have you heard back from Carter Industries?" more crashes in the background. 

"Nope. Not yet-" he cut himself short as his phone started ringing with an unsaved number. "Wait, I think this is them. I'll call you back." Keefe disconnected, before hurriedly swiping the call button. 

"Hello?" Keefe asked.

"Is this Keefe Sencen? I'm calling from Carter Industries about your internship application."

"Yes, this is he." Keefe said, his hand shaking. He climbed out of his bed, and began pacing. He had to do something.

"Alright, I understand you are the son of Lady Gisela Sencen and Lord Cassius Sencen?"

"Um, yes. But I don't see what that has to do with-"

"If you are still interested in this internship, we have an available slot, Mr Sencen. If you chose to accept this, you will have to come in for a minimum of 20 hours a week to maintain your internship."

"Yes. I'm aware."

"Great. Come to Carter Industries headquarter's tomorrow at 5 pm for a tour of the place, and what you will be doing as an intern."

"Alright. Thank you." Keefe hung up the phone, before chucking it on the bed, and whooping. HE GOT THE INTERNSHIP!!

Keefe had never felt more proud of himself in his life. Not even when he scored a perfect 100 on his midterm finals. 

He quickly texted everyone to come over, before realizing his room was an absolute disaster. His blankets were on the floor, the desk chair tipped over, with random paper's and drawing cluttering his desk. Heck, he wasn't even wearing a shirt.

Running around the room, he barely managed to stuff the last of the clutter under his bed when the doorbell rang. 

He ran downstairs, trying to keep the happiness off his face as he opened the door, out of breath, to let Fitz and Biana in. 

"What happened? Did you hear back from Carter Industries?" Biana asked, her teal eyes going wide. Keefe nodded quickly, before sticking his head out the door, impatient for everyone to come. 

He actually had good news for once.