Chapter 10- Sophie's POV

'That what your looking for...'

Dex pulled her along as her friends circled them, asking questions.

"What happened?"

"Did you kick Gianna's butt?"

"What did Keefe do?"

"You saw what happened, no, Dex did, and Keefe did nothing. Absolutely nothing." Sophie fumed. Even though Fitz had told her what was going on with Keefe, she was still mad at him. It was extremely hard, however, to stay mad at him whenever she looked at him. His gorgous ice blue eyes that looked dead around Gianna, and his perfectly tousled blonde hair that looked so soft Sophie wanted to run her finger's through-

Sophie glanced around before yanking Biana, who was holding her hand, into an empty hallway. The rest of their friends followed, extremely confused. 

"Fitz, tell them what you told me." Sophie instructed. Fitz looked ready to say something, but a loud alarm cut him off. The fire alarm.

Sophie instantly clapped her hands over her ears, but she could still hear the alarm, loud and clear.  She looked at her friends in confusion. She didn't think there was supposed to be a drill that day. The P.A system crackled, and they all spun to face the speaker at the end of the hallway. The group could barely here Principal Alina over the wailing of the siren, and they strained their ears to listen. 

"May I have your attention. May I have your attention please. This is not a drill. Irepeat, this is not a drill. All persons shall proceed to the stairwell, walk down to thelobby and exit the building. DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS!" Principal Alina said. "After you leave thebuilding, please move away from the exits. Disabled persons should be taken to theclosest smoke free stairwell to await evacuation by the Fire Department. You will benotified when it is safe to re-enter the building. We will keep you informed of thesituation."

Sophie looked at her friends in terror, and they rushed down to the nearest exit. She was starting to smell the smoke, but couldn't figure out where it was coming from, but she knew it was somewhere near them. The fire was moving rapidly, and the hallway that they were in was beginning to fill with smoke. Biana squeezed Sophie's hand, and Sophie heard a scream of terror from further down the hallway. She spun around the face it. The smoke was getting thicker, and she was probably going to pay dearly for doing this, but she couldn't just leave the person. 

Sophie broke her hand away from Biana's, ignoring her startled cry, and raced back down the hallway. The person, whom Sophie now knew was a girl, screamed again. Sophie followed the sounds, staying as low to the ground as possible. The air was slightly clearer there. Sophie heard a loud bang, and more screaming. 

"HELP!?!" The girl shrieked. Sophie followed the sound to a closed door on the farside of the exit. There was a figure moving around inside the room, behind the closed door. 

"HELP!" the girl screamed, once again. Sophie reached the door, grabbed the handle, and with as much force as she could muster, slammed her body weight into the door. This hallway was one of the older ones at FoxFire, and the door opened with a massive creak. She swung the door open, and stepped inside, revealing a cowering girl with long brown hair. The smoke obscured her face, but Sophie could tell who it was. 

"Gianna?" she whispered, choking on the smoke a little. Her eyes began to burn, and then water. "What the hell are you doing here?" 

Gianna didn't answer, instead rushing out of the room so fast, it knocked Sophie to the floor. The door locked behind her, and panicked, Sophie stood up as fast as she could, feeling woozy from the affects of the smoke, and pounded on the classroom door. 

The world was spinning, and she could barely stand. 

"G-Gianna." she gasped. "Please." 

The girl outside the door stared at her through the window for a second, before looking down at the ground, and sprinting away, leaving Sophie. 

 She pounded on the door, gasping. Sophie sunk to her knees, yanking down on the door handle as hard as she could. Smoke was still filling the room, and the thickness of it burned her throat and nose. 

She couldn't breathe. She could not breathe. SHE COULD NOT FREAKING BREATHE!?

Sophie curled to a fetal position on the floor, praying someone would find her. Darkness tinted her vision, and she squeezed her eyes tight. She wasn't getting out. The most she could hope for was that her friends got out, and everyone else in the building was fine. 

Sophie began to wonder what would be said at her funeral. Would Gianna attend? What caused the fire? Would anyone figure out that Gianna had left her for dead? 

Sure, Gianna hated her, but she freaking left her to die. After Sophie had saved her. The darkness around the corners of her vision spread, until her eyes went blurry, and she coughed one last time, before closing her eyes, not being able to hold on any longer. She fell into unconciousness with a one name on her mind.

Keefe