Chapter 17- Keefe's POV

a/n: heyyy dear readers ;)

I've been meaning to ask y'all if you prefer shorter, but more frequent chapters, or longer chapters around once a week.

lemme know in the comments :)

and ty all so much for 1.7k reads! it means a lot!

'You belong with me...'

Keefe rolled his eyes as loud music started blasting from the room next to him. Taylor Swift, of course. 

Gianna hadn't spoken to him since the fire at FoxFire, and he obviously hadn't attempted either. His parent's were never home, and Gianna's parents were in Japan, so Keefe was mostly alone.

Sophie had just been released from the hospital the day before, and today was her first day, and Keefe's 4th day, at Suncrest High School. Suncrest, unlike FoxFire, didn't have much of a dresscode or many restrictions, so Keefe had to deal with Gianna wearing extremely revealing clothes, and angry glares from other boys in their grade. He wasn't even sure if he still classified as Gianna's boyfriend. They hadn't talked about it, and Keefe wasn't complaining. 

Keefe squirted some gel into his hand, and ran his hand through his hair, floofing and styling it. 

He smirked at himself in the mirror, before grabbing his phone, and briskly walking out the door, and towards the kitchen. Gianna was already there, scrolling through her phone, holding a ice blue mug of coffee in her hand. 

Ice Blue

Keefe rolled his eyes. He seemed to be doing that a lot now a days. Gianna looked up at him, opened her mouth, but then put her head down and kept scrolling through what Keefe guessed was TikTok.

Keefe took a gold mug from the cabinet, and filled it with strong black coffee. Prepping it with creamer, he took a sip. 

They stood their in awkward silence, both teenagers on their phones. 

As Keefe played Subway Surfers on his phone, the screen changed to display Keefe's favorite picture of Sophie, and her contact name, Foster. Her body was angled away from the camera, but her head was facing it. Sophie's blonde locks fell around her shoulders, as she grinned at the camera, the sunlight making her hair look gold, and the gold flecks in her eyes more prominent. He accepted the phone call, holding the phone up to his ear, watching Gianna carefully. Her expression was a poker face, as she watched him.

"Hey Foster." he greeting, smiling. He would never get tired of hearing her voice. 

"Keefe, i'm panicking. I overslept, and I can't figure out what to w.ear My hair looks like a pineapple, and I overall, look and feel like a mess. Help."

Keefe chuckled, catching a glimpse of Gianna's angry face. 

"Okay, well. You look good in red-" Keefe blushed as he said it. "So wear your red sleeveless shirt because it's hot outside, and a pair of either jeans, or jean shorts. Use water to brush out your hair, bottom to top, and just pull it back in a ponytail or braid or something."

"Omg thanks, you're the best. Biana wasn't picking up her phone. You were the second option." Sophie joked. Keefe gasped in mock offensivness. 

"Wow." he gasped. 

Sophie's melodious laughter filled his ears. "Thanks. I'll see you at school."

"Should I pick you up?"

Sophie paused, and then spoke hestitantly. "Um. I would rather not... thanks though."

Keefe sighed. "Yeah, of course. Bye, Foster."

"Bye."

He hung up the phone, only to be met with Gianna's furious gaze. 

"You have a girlfriend. Me." she said indignantly.

"And? Sophie's a friend. Besides, you forced me to be your boyfriend. Its just a label." Keefe said right back. Gianna looked taken aback for a second, before huffing and walking out the door. 

He felt slightly guilty, knowing that Gianna genuinly liked him. He shook the guilt off, remembering what she did to Sophie. 

He poured his cup of coffee into a to-go mug, and headed out the door towards the car.

Gianna met him there, and they drove to school in silence, the awkwardness thick enough that you could cut it with a knife.

They finally reached Suncrest High, which was a huge outdoor school, unlike FoxFire. It had tall buildings made of bricks, and a quad where they often had school events. Suncrest had gotten pretty crowded after Juniors and Seniors from FoxFire were admitted there. Keefe was getting kind of sick of all the sympathetic looks he and his friends kept getting. Keefe had started eating lunch with his normal friends, and luckily, Gianna didn't protest. 

She had apologized to Sophie.

"Stop!" Gianna suddenly yelled. Keefe screeched to a stop, and quickly pulled over as Gianna unlocked the car door, and raced on to the sidewalk. 

Keefe clambered out after her, staring at her in confusion as she ran up to a guy and hugged him fiercely. 

To Keefe's surprise, the guy turned around, and hugged her right back. The mystery dude turned around, and Keefe could finally see his face. 

It was identical to Gianna's, right down to the dimple on their cheek. The same brown hair, and the same gray-green eyes. 

The mystery dude looked up, his eyes locking with Keefe's. He pulled away from Gianna, but stayed by her side.

"Hey. I'm Jayden, Gianna's twin brother."