Angels, Ghosts, and Nightmares - Oh My!

When Galaxy woke next, she was dead

Or at least, she thought she was, as her entire body was covered head-to-toe in dirt, whilst the rest of her was lying flat on the ground at the bottom of a freshly dug grave.

Sucks that I'm dead, Galaxy thought.

Dying at eighteen a day after her birthday wasn't exactly something she'd had on her bucket list.

With this thought, her mind kept wandering to what her obituary must have said:

Galaxy Steele died at the age of eighteen at Galhoul Cemetery, making her body all that easier to bury.

This was good news for the grave diggers, and even better news for the families of the Albright Tragedy.

The fire-starting teenager is survived by her handsome dog and her father.

No one attended her funeral due to fears that another fire might suddenly erupt from her coffin.

Avoid her burial at all costs!

...But Galaxy realized she wasn't dead when she felt another shovel full of dirt being tossed onto her face. Panicking now, she gagged and choked as bits of earth found their way into her mouth.

If her tastebuds worked this well, she was most definitely alive.

"I'm not dead!" Galaxy screamed between coughs, though what came out of her mouth sounded more like "IMA DA!".

She'd buried herself in sand at a beach once. But waking up in a grave covered in earth gave a whole other meaning to the saying burying your gays -  one that she did not at all approve of.

"I can see that" a voice said, causing her to turn her head.

She squinted, and saw that the voice belonged to her uncle, as Rafe Steele stood above her, his arms propped up on the shovel no doubt responsible for digging her grave. Beads of sweat dripped from his brow beneath his disheveled top-hat, and Galaxy noted that his face - once as polished as marble had several bloodied scratches on it.

K9 sat next to Rafe, looking quite pleased with himself, though his eyes now glanced every now and then at Galaxy in concern, ignoring the sorry excuse of a man next to him.

Galaxy was about to try and move her arms when her uncle threw another shovel full of dirt down onto her face. She didn't know why, but every effort she made to move sent shocks of pain throughout her.

"HEY! Cut that out, will you?"

Rafe looked down at her, his face knotted in annoyance. "I'm trying to save your life, girl. A simple thank you for my efforts would be nice!"

"Save me?" Galaxy spat, trying to clear her mouth of the foulness. The grave dirt in her mouth was beginning to burn her tongue, reminding her of the time she accidentally ate pizza too fast. "You're burying me alive!"