Prologue

The sound of heels clicking on the floor draws the attention of everyone.

For an old-money exclusive club like The Oriental where only people who are richer than Croesus hang out, the sound is no news.

But still, the clicking of those pencil heels demands their attention and makes their gaze travel from red Christian Louboutin heels to the woman who is wearing them.

Dark waves of hair perfectly collected at one side, red painted lips, a tight-fitting black dress flaunting her body, paired with a clutch, the woman looks like someone who has stepped out of their wildest dreams, be it be men's or women's.

Oh, the rich don't talk.

They whisper.

And whisper they do.

Immediately, gossip starts floating in the private club, in hushed whispers, while clanking champagnes and exquisite wines. The paintings in 'The Oriental', the latest haute-couture fashion trends, the Paris Fashion Week, and the upcoming Charity Galas are no subject of conversation for the people hanging out in the club today, their attention solely focused on the new heiress of the Park Conglomerate.

Park Luna

Her name has been abuzz in the business world for some weeks.

She was already an interesting topic even before this incident, being one of the most sought-after fashion designers in South Korea. The clothes she designs are only worn by very few lucky people and every year, there is a war among the elite women to grab hold of one of her designs. Her designs are famous from the Cannes Film Festival to the Met Gala.

Also owning several art galleries in Korea, she has been known for her taste in art and fashion.

But lately, it's not the topic that surrounds her name.

Why would it be when her grandfather, the late Mr. Jihun Park, the owner of the Park Conglomerate, a billion-dollar company that focuses on the production of luxury goods, left almost his entire inheritance to his granddaughter Park Luna?

The matter of how she is to inherit said inheritance has been kept under wraps but that hasn't left the bachelors in the town from salivating over her and her new prospects.

The woman, now seated on the stool, near the bar, sips  champagne, fingers running along the stem of the delicate glass.

Her cherry-red painted lips look luscious under the dim light of the club, the liquid wetting her lips in the most sensual way.

"Wrong place to come, my dear," Her best friend, Olivia Choi, clanks her glass with hers.

Luna looks up, putting a smile on her face, that could only be interpreted as elegant and not 'I am two seconds from mentally breaking down'.

"Where else would I go?" She says, sipping the champagne slowly.

"Look at the whole place around you, darling. Each one of them? Sharks. And you are the new fish that they want to devour," Olivia grins.

The drink isn't doing anything to relieve the throbbing migraine that she has been feeling since the day of reading the will.

Each time, she recounts the events of that day, it makes rage and helplessness sharpen their claws and sink into her again and again.

Thanks to her dearest grandfather.

The old man hated her but didn't have to ruin her life as a "fuck you" before going to hell to dance with Satan.

"So, when are you going to marry because the maid of honor seat is reserved for me," Her best friend looks too elated at her expense.

"I haven't even met my future husband yet," and she would like to keep it that way until the day she has to see him at the altar.

"What is his name?" Olivia asks, curiosity sparking her gaze. "Your future husband's."

"Min Yoongi," She replies.

She hates that name.

Each time his name escapes her lips, it makes her heart grow restless. A simple name shouldn't provoke such a reaction from her. A simple name shouldn't make her feel so shaken up. If a name can unsettle her like that, what would the meeting with the man be like?

"Min Yoongi, hmm. Why have I never heard of his name? That shouldn't happen. Our old money society is so close-knit that I have been hearing the names of the same people for eternity." Olivia frowns.

"I did research on him and he is a very renowned lawyer in South Korea. Very popular in his field."

"A lawyer? That is so unlike your grandfather's choice, no matter how renowned he is."

She scoffs. "You are right. I thought the same until I got to know his aristocratic background and everything instantly made sense. He is the only son of the Grand Duke of the Min family. So, naturally, he is a Duke. But he has kept that part of his life so well hidden, it almost seems suspicious."

"Wait a minute. What the fuck? You mean the Min family of Daegu?!" Olivia's eyes widen in shock.

"Keep your voice down and yes, the one and only Min family of Daegu."

South Korea has only one living Royal family, the family of King Jeon Jungkook from Busan. All other previous monarchs from different states have already met their demise centuries ago. But there are still many renowned families of aristocratic backgrounds from different states who are still left. And one of them is the renowned Min family of Daegu.

The Min family holds so much importance because many daughters of the Mins have gone on to marry the previous Kings of Daegu. Their family was known for birthing the Queens and had the highest power right after the Royal family. Their history has been as old as the Royal Busan family and their popularity has still not dwindled down, despite their very private life.

So, it is, indeed a shock that there is a son of the Grand Duke's family.

Duke Min Yoongi.

Luna thinks she can understand why Min Yoongi has never disclosed his identity in the media as the only son of such an aristocratic family. The world they live in is full of sharks and he happens to be a very good catch. People would have made his life hell.

"Oh my god, you are going to be a duchess." Olivia squeals, covering her mouth to contain her excitement lest someone else hears and the news spreads like wildfire.

At least, one of them was excited for this marriage. Luna couldn't say the same for herself.

"So, when are you going to meet him?" Olivia asks.

"Soon," She replies and finishes her remaining champagne in one sip.

Soon because as much as Min Yoongi doesn't want to be found, she has always been a bit too good at playing hide and seek.

A/N: So, it starts.