Chapter 2- Annabeth

Annabeths POV 

I just stared hopelessly as the eidolon attacked my boyfriend. I desperately wanted to tell him to knock me out, but I couldn't. I wasn't in control. 

When the eidolon brought my dagger to my throat, I knew Percy was done for. There was no way he would let it kill me. Even if it meant his life. 

Percy dropped Riptide like it asked, and he pleaded that it put the dagger down. Of course, he wasn't so lucky. The eidolon wanted him to suffer, and I was the way to do that. 

I put all my strength into dropping the dagger. It wavered for a second but ultimately stayed put.

 The eidolon said something, but all I heard was "...Choices choices." 

"Please just let her go. I'll do whatever you want." Percy was giving up.

No, no, no Percy fight, please. 

"Hmm tempting." 

"You swear on the river Styx you'll let her go and never possess her again, and I'll do whatever you want, I swear."

 No! I wanted to scream at him to just go. 

"Fine, I swear on the river Styx. I'll let Annabeth chase get away and never possess her again if Percy does what I want." 

Percy nodded. "So whatever you want." 

I felt my arm drop from my throat and position itself on Percy's chest. A lethal blow. No! I wanted to cry, force it back, anything, but I couldn't. I couldn't even close my eyes. 

"Annabeth, please forgive me and know this isn't your fault. I love you." 

I watched in horror as the eidolon stabbed Percy through the heart as his eyes widened. The eidolon twisted and removed my dagger. Percy fell to the ground, unmoving. 

Suddenly, I was in control again. 

"PERCY!" I screamed as I dropped to the ground. 

I quickly applpied pressure to his wound. I couldn't lose him. I just can't. 

"No, no, no, please, Percy. Please stay with me." I was covered in Percy's blood, but I didn't care. I killed him. I did it. Me. With the same dagger that killed Luke. I picked up the dagger and stared at it. I tossed it aside and held Percy's head in my arms.

I noticed a small pond nearby; I grabbed as much water as I could get and poured it on Percy. There was no response. He was gone he was really gone...