breezeblocks//alt-j

breezeblocks//alt-j

Luke was reading the Sunday paper, discussing previous baseball scores with Nick. Nick didn't play any sports, but he liked numbers. The fifteen year old watched the games, followed the teams. Even though he likes to pretend he knows everything about every sport, he actually never has done one competitive. 

Alex came down before noon, her bright eyes wide. "Daddy, I—I think Calum is upstairs." She stood at the door way, her blonde, natural eyebrows scrunched up as she had just woken up. 

Luke quickly pushed his chair back, giving an apologetic look to Nick. "Okay, where is he?"

"Your room. I was walking by and he was trying to light a cigarette. And, he has my baby sister inside of him, so I know that's—," she started to ramble, but Luke was already half way up the stairs. 

His legs carried him fast, his navy blue pajama bottoms scraping against the floor as he tucked in his grey tee shirt. Their door was cracked open, sunlight streaming from the open bedroom window.

Calum was perched on the window sill, a lit cigarette in his fingers. 

"What the fuck? Give me that." Luke pushed the burning paper away from his hands, letting it fall to the ground two stories down.

Cal looked at him, his eyes dark. "Excuse you, I wasn't done."

Luke pulled him from the window, pushing him to the bed. He turned around, closing the window and locking it once more. Cal was startled by his forceful ways as he watched Luke's muscles clench up. 

"You're going to kill the baby!" He yelled as he turned back around, his hands on his hips like a sassy suburban mother. 

"Oh, you mean the baby you don't even want?" Calum asked, moving to the edge of the bed, his feet scraping against their floors. He sometimes looked like an ashamed little kid, that was the Michael side showing within Calum. 

"Is that why you're here?" Luke asked, resting his arms. 

Calum shrugged his shoulders, taking a large breath in. "Maybe, why would you care?"

Luke moved closer to the boy, taking slow movements. He was scared of Calum, he didn't wanna spook the deer. He made his way in front of the older boy, putting his feet on either side of thighs and placing his delicate body near Cal's knees. He embraced Calum, his hands resting near the back of his neck. "The baby is just a surprise. I didn't mean to make Michael feel like I didn't want it."

"I know you don't want the baby, we all don't," Calum said. His voice was soft, and Luke wasn't even sure it was Calum anymore. Cal would be pushing him to the ground, pinning him to the ground, spitting on his face, anything but the puppy dog eyes he currently has on. 

"It doesn't matter what I do or don't want. We're gonna raise this baby just like we raised Alex and Nick." 

Calum was looked at Luke, his emotions hidden behind a façade. His eyes looked so sad, but at the same time he looked so at peace. He leaned in, pressing a kiss to Luke's nose, "Mike is stressed out. He could start to see the bump last night, and it freaked him out."

Luke nodded, looking down at their attached bodies. "If I promise to be there for him from now on out, can you get him back?"

Cal had a smile on his face. "Maybe after an ice cream sundae and a warm bath."

Luke laughed, stepping off of Cal's lap. "Okay."

(a/n) make sure to go check out my new collaboration account @mukeworld, i just posted an one shot called "settle down" based off the song but the 1975. too bad they're being stressful bastards right now.

double update later probably.