58 - Louder than bombs

Start from the beginning

Even when Vegas and Porsche left me wounded in that abandoned warehouse, I still believed they had their reasons.

It was when I saw Porsche and Vegas in that room that I knew there was a much bigger hoax behind it all.

Still...even feeling hurt and betrayed, I would still be able to forgive.

Even though I was a puppet, I could accept it.

The ends justify the means for those who seek revenge at any cost.

Because as much as I suffered together, that pain they carry wasn't originally mine. That pain was theirs.

I could understand and forgive it.

But not what happened on Chumphon Island.

This pain is mine now. All mine.

There is no greater pain than this.

This pain I cannot tolerate.

I cannot accept.

Or get used to.

Even less forgive it.

This pain caused me to burst into flames and turn to ash.

I don't know if I can be reborn from this.

If so...certainly not in the same way.

Not as the same person.

My eyes open to the darkness.

...

Arm's POV

"Thanks, Dr. Top."

"No problem. I'm doing my job. They won't awake until late afternoon."

Both Vegas and Macau are sedated. Their beds are side by side at the hospital private room.

Dr. Top came to see them after Vegas' surgery to remove a bullet from his shoulder. I had to shoot him. Even on the ground, Vegas tried to crawl for a short distance, shouting he would kill Khun Korn, until he fainted.

For a moment I doubted my decision. Macau thought I had killed his brother. He got hysterical. He shouted I was Khun Korn's spy...that I lied to him...used him...he said I would kill him too.

I tried so hard to talk to him to no vail.

While I was trying to hug and comfort him, he got my gun and tried to shoot himself.

I was in panic.

Thank God Nop helped me to stop Macau and immobilize him.

I had to press his neck with my arm until he fainted.

Then we brought both brothers to the hospital.

I asked Dr. Top to give something to help Macau to sleep.

This is too much for him to handle.

His family was destroyed overnight for the third time...first his mother...than his father...and when he finally had his happy family...damn...why?!

"So Pete really left Vegas...This is hard to believe...carrying Venice with him?! Are they at Chumphon Island?! I've seen some accident happened there in the news...the Island was burning. Are they okay?!"

"Fortunately, Pete's grandparents managed to get off the island. Pete met them and they all went to the countryside to spend some time with relatives."

"I thought all Pete's relatives lived on the island."

"Oh...not all of them...no..."

"I haven't seen Venice for a while...he can't stop his treatment."

"I'll contact Pete and let him know."