THE SHADOW

"EMBRACE THE DARKNESS THAT I BECOME FOR AS YOUR SHADOW I AM YOUR GREATEST ALLY AND YOUR GRAVEST MISTAKE."

A Supernatural Brother Fanfiction

---

Table of Contents

ACT ONE - SEASON 1

The Ally

ACT TWO - SEASON 2

The Demon Residing With Us

ACT THREE - SEASON 3

The Forgotten One

ACT FOUR - SEASON 4

The Middle Man

ACT FIVE - SEASON 5

Just The Shadow

---

Extended Summary

MILO CAMPBELL was not a passionate guy by any means. He wasn't into hunting like Dean was, he wasn't into being "normal" like Sam was. He was just there. The one that never really fit in but didn't try to either. One could say he was detached, but being the bastard son of Mary Winchester and the object of John Winchesters' hate may do that to someone. It wasn't his fault that his birth was the unexpected consequence of mutual cheating when Mary tried to get back at John, it wasn't his fault that he became the subject of many fights between the couple afterwards. But one could say it was his fault. And that one is John Winchester and his soldier of a son, Dean.

COMPETITION was a natural thing when it came to three young boys growing up together. Competition in sports or grades, that is. Not who could aim a gun better or kill a monster faster. But that's what Milo became when John had no choice but to raise his two sons with the bastard after Mary's death, knowing that she would have never forgiven him if he just left the kid at a motel and called it a day. Milo had no purpose to him before, but after seeing how weak Dean could be, well maybe some "healthy" competition could help get him in check.

THE SHADOW, that's what Milo became for Dean and Sam. For Dean, he was to balance out the boy's shoot first ask questions later tendencies, to protect him when a stray bullet or knife may have slipped his sight. Milo was his shadow during hunts and during training, pushing the older one to be better and faster. Be perfect. For Sammy, Milo was the shadow that watched over him. Sam was the baby of the group, the one John couldn't handle when all he was thinking of was killing the thing that took his wife away from him. Milo was tasked with watching and steering Sam in the right direction, whether it be at school or behind closed doors. While Dean had stepped up to be the paternal figure in Sam's life, Milo had taken the more maternal approach. This is why, when Sam grew up to become his own person who wanted his own things, and who became emotional, it was Milo's fault he turned out that way, at least in the eyes of John and Dean.