Secret of the Tomb, part 9: No Camelot

Start from the beginning

"It is really hard not to look at." Jed whispered to Octavius, along with to Y/n through the earbud. "Yes, he is..." Octavius said, only half-way paying attention to what Jed had to say, or so it seemed. Jed just stared at Octavius in jealousy, and Y/n pretended not to hear anything.

"I didn't!" Larry said.

"I SAW you!"

"NO! I'm looking at your EYES!"

Lancelot noticed Dexter staring.

"MONKEY, STOP IT!"

Dexter covered his eyes and looked down.

"Could you just give me the tablet, please? Gimme the tablet. Just give me the tablet, and I promise I wont-"

"DO NOT LOOK AT MY NOSE!"

"Give me the tablet."

"LOOK AWAY!"

Larry looked away.

"...Give me the tablet."

"HOW HARD CAN IT BE NOT TO LOOK AT MY NOSE?!"

"I'm NOT gonna look at your nose. I- I'm not- I CAN'T HELP IT!"

"LOOK TO THE HEAVENS!"

Larry looked up, and so did Dexter, Jed and Octavius. Y/n just looked at the four of them.

"It's disgustinggg" Jed whispered. "Yet he's still handsome." Octavius whispered back. "Ockie, not now." Y/n whispered into the earbud.

"NO ONE SHALL LOOK AT, OR MENTION, MY NOSE FROM THIS MOMENT FORWARD!" Lancelot yelled, before pausing, "I'm sorry, I forgot what we were talking about."

Just as he spoke, the corrosion rust on the tablet grew, leaving just a sliver of magic left. Atilla groaned in pain and did a double-flip-fall down one of the small staircases. Y/n ran up to him, comforting Atilla. They then saw Jed and Octavius were on the floor next to them, so they scooped the two up into their hands. Just before Y/n could ask if any of them were all right, Teddy hollered for Lawrence and fell, turning into wax from the neck down. Sacagawea was quick to help him, but she turned into unconscious polyurethane.

"Larry." Ahkmenrah called. Larry turned around, and so did Y/n. Their hearts sank as they saw Ahkmenrah's current state.

"..We've run out of time."

Larry looked at him in fear, and turned around. Y/n set Jed and Octavius down and ran to ahkmenrah to comfort him, scared about what will happen to them all.

"Listen to me. You gotta straighten the pieces. Straighten the pieces right now or they're all gonna die!! YOU TOO!"

"A world without Camelot is not a world worth living in." Once Lancelot was finished talking, Dexter shrieked in pain, before collapsing onto the floor, getting Nicky's attention. "DAD!" Nicky yelled, running up to Dexter. Larry turned around and ran up to Dexter.

"Dexter, was is it?" he asked, letting Dexter grab onto his finger, "You all right?" Dexter could only whimper in response, "Hey, hey, man. Hey, look at me." Dexter lifted his arm up.

"Yeah. You wanna slap me? go ahead. Go ahead. Slap me in the face."

Dexter didn't have the energy. He put his arm down and curled into a ball.

"Dex?"

He blinked a few more times, before letting his eyes rest.

"Dexter? Dexter?" Larry tried to get him back up. "Oh. No, no, no. Dexter? No, no. Come on, man." As he spoke, Dexter's grip on Larry's finger finally broke, his hand slowly falling to the ground.

"Dad, he's gone." Nicky sighed.

"No, no no no. It can't end like this. Don't let it end like this." Y/n uttered as they looked around, tears now forming in their eyes as they saw Dexter dead on the ground, Teddy practically crying, and Ahkmenrah starting to give in like Dexter.

"I'll take that hand now." Jed slowly moved his arm over to Octavius, and Octavius held his hand.

"...I understand now." Lancelot spoke with soft words, "The monkey was the quest. It was never about the tablet." He paused and kneeled down. "...It was about them." Lancelot's words were making Y/n cry harder (sorry if you didn't cry but I'm a crybaby for this move so deal w it), and making Larry's eyes water quite a bit himself.

"Forgive me." Lancelot said, his eyes also wet, "It is I who was the fool." He gestured to the tablet, and Larry was quick to snatch it and turn the pieces, finishing just as a cloud blocking the moon moved away, letting Khonsu's light sink into the tablet. And just like that, everything started to get better. Ahkmenrah gasped for air as his skin went from a zombie green-brown, to his natural skin color.

"Ahkmenrah!" Y/n yelled in relief.

"We're back, baby!" Jed yelled.

"LAWRENCE!" Teddy laughed in shock. then Dexter's eyes shot open and he pounced onto Larry, giving him a big hug. "Hey!" Larry smiled, "Welcome back buddy." Y/n then got Atilla up, scoped up Jed and Octavius, and gathered everyone onto a group hug. "I'm not letting go!" They said, still sobbing a bit. After a bit of cheering and hugging, everyone let go. Larry then looked over at Lancelot, who had his back turned to the London Eye.

"Hey. Thank you."

Lancelot slowly turned, before getting the peice of wax off of his nose, making his nostrils distorted and big, but nobody said anything.

"...How do I look?"

"...You look like Lancelot."