Part 2: The First Night

Today was the day that Y/n's dad went to an agency to get a job. Y/n was nervous because they weren't hoping to move again. They loved their dad, but it was too much. Eventually, they got a call. "Hello?" they said. "Hey, Y/n, It's dad!" Larry said, on the other line, "Hey, dad!" Y/n said. "Guess what?" Larry asked. "Did you get a job?" Y/n asked. "Yup! You're talking to the new night guard at the Museum of Natural History!" Larry exclaimed. "What! No way! That's so cool, maybe I could come with you on your first day?" Y/n asked. "Yeah, uh, no," Larry said. "Aw, c'mon, you know I won't have school until next year, today was the last day before break!" Y/n begged. Larry ended up caving in. "Fine, but you gotta behave." Larry agreed. "Yes! Thank you, dad! when is your first day?" "Tomorrow. I'll see you then. Love ya" "Love ya too, dad." Y/n hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~the next day~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alrighty, here's your torch, your keys, I think you have everything now," Cecil said. Y/n was then dropped off at the museum, and entered. "Hey, dad!" Y/n ran up to Larry. "Hey, Y/n. Cecil, this is my kid, Y/n." Larry introduced Y/n to Cecil. "Heya, kiddo! 'Name's Cecil, nice to meet ya" Cecil put his hand out to shake. Y/n shook it. "Oh, and by the way, Larry, this place can get scary at night so uh... keep some lights on." Y/n looked at Cecil with suspicion. "Oh! I forgot something. Here." Cecil handed Larry old papers. "They're instructions!" Gus, the second-night guard said, "You start with one, then two, three-" "Four?" Larry rhetorically asked. "Are you crackin' wise?" Gus said. He was an old man, but he sure was scary for his age. "I 'oughtta punch you in the nose, hopscotch!" "Calm down, Gus! Leave him alone, he's got everything covered, right Larry?" Reginald, the third-night guard said. "Yeah, he sure does!" Y/n said, putting their arm around Larry's neck. "Well, he better get it!" Gus said angrily at Y/n. "Hey, don't- don't talk to my kid that way," Larry said. "Well, anyway, do the instructions- do them quickly, and most importantly, don't let anything get in, or out," Cecil said. "...Out?" Larry and Y/n asked in unison. "...Good luck, sonny," Cecil said, walking to the exit. "crackin' wise..." Gus muttered angrily.

Y/n looked up at the tyrannosaurus rex skeleton as Larry went towards the desk, and found the announcement phone. 

"Hello? oop!" Larry said into the speaker. Y/n turned around and giggled. "Hello?" Larry said again. "Check! Checkkkk" Larry said into the speaker. "I am Larry," he said, in a dark tone of voice. Y/n burst out laughing at how silly their dad is. He started saying random bullshit that turned into beatboxing. "Monday, Monday, Monday! Monster truck rallyyy!" He said into the speaker. "Oh, God, dad!" Y/n laughed. "hey, hey, watch this" Larry said. He then sat down and started to sing "Eye of the Tiger" terribly, Making Y/n laugh even more. 

"Well, kiddo, why don't you go around the museum, maybe, I dunno, maybe it's like a VIP tour!" Larry chuckled. "Alright" Y/n finally got themself to stop laughing and walked around the museum. Minutes later, Larry was fast asleep in his chair. 

Y/n was walking around the museum and decided to head back to the main lobby. They got there only to discover that the tyrannosaurus wasn't where it always is. They then ran up to Larry. 

"Dad! Dad, get up!" Y/n said. Larry then fell out of his chair. "Y/n, what's wrong??" Larry asked, quickly getting up. "Look, the t-rex isn't there," Y/n said. Larry yawned. "Alright, lemme use the bathroom real quick and- Wait, what did you just say?" "Look!" Y/n pointed at the stage that the skeleton is usually at. Larry walked slowly walked up to the stage. "Cecil?" Larry exclaimed. "Okay, very funny, Cecil!" he said, still walking up to the stage. "What is this, like a David Copperfield thing?" He asked. "Dad, I don't think it's magic," Y/n said. "David Copperfield is an illusionist, I'm not talking about Harry Potter" Larry responded, slightly worried. He then aggressively wiped his hand across the stage. "Dad, if you thought the skeleton was there, then why put your arm out so aggressively?" Y/n said. "Because I know it's not there. At least, I know now." Larry gulped. there was then a squeak heard from the hall behind the help desk. "Y/n, get behind me and stay close," Larry said. Y/n did as told and followed him to the hall. They both walked very slowly into the hall to see the skeleton drinking water from the fountain. Larry and Y/n's eyes widened. Larry dropped the flashlight, which brought attention to the t-rex. "Y/n, run!" Larry yelled. Y/n started running for their life.