Secret of the Tomb, part 4: Making it Inside

A couple days later, they were in London. (a/n: I've been to London before so it was very exciting learning that natm3 takes place in London. okay sorry back to the story lol)

"You know, I really could have stayed by myself in New York" Nicky said, leaning on a rail that blocked the walkway from a river.

"Yeah, no, that wasn't gonna happen," Larry replied, "Beautiful, huh?" "Yeah," Nicky said, "River Thames, right?" "I think so," Y/n responded.

"Isn't this great, guys? Us three in London? Huh?" Larry asked, the three starting to walk. "Yeah," Nicky answered. "I was here, around 10 months ago, I was making a deal with one of the biggest of England's deal makers for things like the stuff I make. It was cool I guess, but I didn't exactly get to do anything." Y/n commented. "Well, I don't think we're gonna do anything much here, other than go to the British museum, maybe eat some fish and chips, but that's about it." Larry added.

"Oh, Nicky, I've been thinking about that, uh, year off," Larry said to Nicky, "I think it could be cool." He smiled.

"Yeah?" Nicky asked. "Yeah!" Larry answered, "What are you thinking?"

"Yeah, uh, wow... I think I wanna DJ jn Ibiza." Nicky explained. "In Ibiza?" Y/n asked. "Ibiza, it's a small island off the coast of Spain-"

"Do you speak spanish?" Larry cut in.

"No, but that's the beautiful thing, it's about the music! It's not inhibited by the language barriers-"

"Yeah, but you are."

"Dad, why are you freaking out? You just said this was a cool idea."

"I'm not freaking out! I just wanna understand the plan here."

"You didn't go to college."

"Wait, now we're talking about not going to college at all?" Larry asked. "...Maybe, I dunno-"

"Nicky. Nicky, that's not-"

"Dad, you didn't go to college and you turned out fine!" Nicky said. "I turned out okay after about twenty years in a lot of dead ends." Larry explained.

"Okay, so Y/n turned out fine!"

"Well, I turned out fine, but you're forgetting that I still had to go to college for four years to become the actual CEO of the company, even if it was a pain in the ass. Someone else was in my place for the time being." Y/n explained.

"Whatever, man! Don't worry about me, It's fine." Nicky sighed.

"Hey, we'll always worry about you. We're your family." Larry said, putting his hand on Nicky's back. Nicky shrugged it off. "We should get going, It's getting dark." Y/n said.

~~god damn how many of these have there been~~

Larry drove up to the British Museum, phone in hand, and Nicky crammed down the passenger seat. "Where's Y/n?" Nicky whispered. "The back, they're hiding, don't worry. They're on the other line." Larry whispered back, making at stop.

"Hello, welcome to the British museum! My name's Tilly." Tilly, the night guard said. "Hi, thank you. I'm Larry Daley from Natural History, New York, just real quick." Larry put his finger up to talk. "Okay, I gotta go." he said, "Alright, call me back once you're finished with what you're doing." Y/n tried to be unrecognizable, but failed. Tilly gave a surprised expression.

"Is that Y/n Daley on the other line?" She asked, "Oh, you guys are Daley! Daley Devices!" Larry and Y/n both paused. "Yup, that's me!" Y/n said. Larry then put his phone on speaker, "Hii."

"Hi, (Mr/Ms/Mx) Daley! Big fan of your electric ice cream scooper and electric pizza cutter!" Tilly leaned into the phone so she could be heard better. "Great, thank you!" Y/n said, covering up the nervousness of getting caught being in the back of the truck. "Okay, Ima let you go, now." Tilly leaned back, "Bye-bye, Y/n!" she finished. Larry then hung the phone up and set it down.