Battle of the Smithsonian part 3: Archives

Larry and Y/n were walking throughout Washington D.C., Larry talking to Nicky on his phone. "Okay, buddy, McPhee said the Federal Archives are in the Smithsonian. Where exactly are we going?" Larry asked.

"That's the thing, dad. The Smithsonian is actually 19 different museums." Nicky said, on his computer. "Did he just say 19?!" Y/n asked. "They're laid out around the National Mall, from the Capitol to the Lincoln Memorial." Nicky said, "They got everything there! Theirs actually some really cool stuff." "Nicky, please focus. Which museum are the Archives in?" Larry asked. "Not in, under." Nicky said. "Under?" Y/n asked. "Yeah. Under." Nicky responded, "It looks like it runs underneath the entire Smithsonian." "So, if Ahkmenrah's tablet is down there..." Larry said. "...The biggest museum in the world is gonna come to life..." Y/n muttered.

"What exactly is your plan here, dad?" Nicky asked. "Don't worry about it." Larry answered. "You have no plan do you?" Nicky asked. "Now, Nicholas, I have a very good, highly thought-out plan" Larry said sternly.

"You have no plan."

"Yes, I have no plan. I'll call you when I'm in."

Larry hung up and he and Y/n got in a taxi, which in only around 10 minutes, got the two to the air and space part of the 19 museums. The two got out and walked into the museum and admired the planes.

"Welcome to The biggest museum in the world. I know, right? it's a trip." An employee lady said to a tour guide. Larry and Y/n walked up to her.

"Hi, excuse me. Could you tell us how to get to the Federal Archives?" Larry asked. "Of course! Just be a historical document worthy of storing of all eternity." The lady joked. Y/n rolled their eyes at this comment as the tour guide laughed. "Just kidding, they aren't documents. I'm sorry sir, the Archives are underground and they're a secure area." The lady actually answered this time. "Really? Like, totally secure? Okay, thank you." Larry thanked the lady, before pushing Y/n along with him.

They walked around the museum, trying to figure out a way to get into the Archives. The two looked at the Einstein bobble head souvenirs and looked up at Able, the monkey. "Of course they have the first monkey to space," Y/n muttered to themself. The two walked into another museum, full of art and statues, when the lady on the PA speaker announced that the museum will be closing in an hour. They walked out of the art museum and ran towards the historical marks museum, and almost immediately saw a blackish door thing. "The Gate Of Kamunrah..." Y/n read the sign next to it. "Kamunrah..." Larry whispered, the two walking up to the exhibit. Larry leaned over to it.

"Hey! What are you doing?" a voice said. Larry and Y/n turned around to see a pudgy dude, who seemed to be maybe around 25 or so. "No touching." He said.

"No, I wasn't gonna touch it." Larry said. "You're moving in with some I.T.T., bro." The dude said. "I.T.T.?" Y/n asked. "Intent to touch, homie." The guy responded. "No, I wasn't-"

"What, are you gonna kiss it?"

"Alright, sorry-"

"Put your hand on it, and touch it. 'Cause I stand there and I wait all day for a little girl like you to come in and put her precious nail-polished nails all over the exhibits." The dude said, annoyed.

"I'm sorry, the last time I checked, I thought we lived in a free country, so-"

"No, we don't"

"No?"

"No. We live in the United States of 'don't touch that thing right in front of you'."

"I just want to... I'm allowed to look at it here, okay?" Larry sighed.

"Go! see what happens when you touch it!"

"Oh so you're threatening me now? You're threatening me, Brandon?" Larry looked at the dudes ID. "It's Brundon." Brundon said.

"Excuse me?"

"Brundon!"

"Brundon?"

"Buh-run-din."

"Buh-run-din. what, did they run out of 'U's on your nameplate maker?"

"I dunno, did they run out of jokes at the interesting joke store that you shop at?"

"Sorry."

"I mean, it looks like 'Brandon', but..." Y/n commented. Brundon looked at Y/n.

"Look, I'm not here to be you guys' speech therapist. It's Brundon!" Brundon yelled. "Brundon, okay." Larry said.

"You never heard the name before?"

"Brundon? No."

"Look up most popular baby names in 1984. Brundon."

"Okay, are you threatening me, Brundon?" Larry asked. "I dunno, princess Jasmine, am I?" Brundon asked back. "Do me a favor. Both of you. Shove your hands in your pockets, put your attitudes way down, and also, be nice to people." Brundon walked away.

"Great, but could I ask you one thing?" Larry asked. Brundon turned around. "Yeah!" he said. "So just to be clear, I can't do this, right?" Larry asked, putting his hand on the exhibit. Y/n started giggling. "Okay, that's actually crazy." Brundon said, getting his flashlight out and walking back up to Larry and Y/n. "Did you just make a desicion to possibly end your life earlier than you expected?" Brundon asked, putting the flashlight on Larry's chest.

"I'm gonna hit you with the flashlight."

"Now you are threatening me!"

"Do not touch it!"

"Don't touch me!"

"Do not TOUCH it!"

"Don't touch ME!"

"I'll touch you with my flashlight all day!" Brundon said, "I will literally rent a camper, and drive across America with my flashlight on your chest." He hit Larry with the flashlight. "Wanna see what's happen when I do that again?" Brundon asked, "Let's watch you do nothing." He hit Larry again, and Larry twisted his arm and got up close to him in and uncomfortable position. Y/n gasped quietly in surprise. "Seriously Brandon-"

"Brundon."

"Brundon...You do not know who youre dealing with. You think you know what it means to be a guard, huh? Well, trust me, you don't know the meaning of the word. My kid here and I have seen things that you cannot imagine."

"Like what kind of stuff?"

"We're not gonna tell you."

"The way you said it, it sounded like you were gonna say something cool."

"Yeah, well you don't get to hear it. Drop the flashlight." Brundon let go, Larry stepped back and Brundon started panting. The batteries from the flashlight fell out, Larry did some cool moves with it, and gave it back to Brundon.

"So we cool now?" Y/n asked. Brundon just paused. "That's actually pretty cool, what you just did." He said to Larry. "Thank you. No hard feelings?" Larry asked, putting his hand out for Brundon to shake, which he did. "Yeah, we're cool now." Brundon answered Y/n. Larry and Brundon apologized, and Larry walked away. Y/n followed, to see Larry holding Brundon's Smithsonian ID. Larry and Y/n got to a door. Larry swiped the card and let Y/n inside in front of him. The two ran into the locker room, and Larry saw the Smithsonian guard outfits. "Put this on." Larry said, throwing a suit Y/n's size at them. The two put the outfits on looking AWAY from each other, and ran out of the locker room. Larry then called Nicky again.

ring...

"Okay, buddy, we're in." Larry said as soon as Nicky picked up. "Great. Where are you guys?" Nicky asked. "Northeast corridor of the castle just off the commons. I need you to talk us to the Archives." Larry answered.

Nicky gave directions through and to the Archives, but cut out (sort of) while Larry and Y/n were walking down a staircase. "Nick? Hello? Nick?" Larry asked. He could barely hear Nicky. That's when two other guards started walking down that same direction. Larry hurried Y/n along to the left of the staircase, and luckily they found the Archives. Larry got out Brundon's badge, and Y/n found a badge in the Smithsonian jacket pocket. The two put the ID badges up to the security camera.

"Yo! Brundon! Jennifer! Later dudes!" The man on the PA said looking at the IDs. The door opened, and Larry and Y/n scurried along making sure not to get caught.

"All right. Where are you guys?" Y/n whispered.