13: We Are the Same Age?!

Start from the beginning

"Uh-huh. His mistake caused me quite an emotional damage, you see."

"...Alright, I understand everything now. Thank you for your cooperation."

"It was nothing! I hope I was helpful." Eislyn smiled but then sneezed right after. It seemed like she would catch a cold soon if she didn't change into dry clothes.

Sniffing her runny nose, she looked helplessly at Jaeke. "Do you perhaps have spare clothes, Sir Jaeke?"

"Oh my, forgive my rudeness. I was so into my work that I didn't consider your condition." Jaeke panicked, or at least that was how Eislyn interpreted it. It was hard to tell from his passive voice.

She watched him take out a pouch and pull a neatly folded outfit from it. That pouch was a bag with a dimensional pocket inside it. Despite its small and convenient size, it was a magic item with ample storage. The price of the smallest size of a pocket dimension started from a thousand silver or one gold, but it could only fit one small object at a time.

The one Jaeke possessed must be worth a hefty sum; he took out a change of clothes of all things he could store as the leader of an investigation squad, he must have more stuff in there.

"Sorry, I only have these clothes with me. You can wear the upper garment and use the belt. It'll be like a dress."

Eislyn didn't mind it, so long as she didn't need to keep wearing her wet clothes. She happily accepted the clothes and went to find a hiding spot to get changed. It was a plain white long-sleeved shirt, but on her, it turned into a white dress instead; she used the black belt and strapped it around her waist to cinch it. The clothes were clean and didn't smell as bad as the owner. It was questionable why he stayed dirty when he had clean clothes at hand.

Her wet clothes were placed on top of the bushes where the sun was hitting to dry them, as she didn't want to discard them yet. The comfort of wearing a loose-fitting shirt and sweatpants, no one in this world could understand how she felt. Luckily, it was a sunny day and not a cold day. She would retrieve them before she left this place with Sir Romero.

There seemed to be a rustling noise from a few bushes away, but it was swift and brief. Although she took a second look at the direction of the sound, she didn't hear it again and dismissed it as either the wind or a small animal.

Eislyn went back to the group, and upon seeing Sir Romero, she remembered that he used fire magic and had the idea of asking him to dry her clothes. However, after recollecting the horribly burned artificial demonic beasts, she immediately discarded the thought. She wasn't going to take the risk. Those were her favourite sweatpants.

Sir Romero furrowed his brows slightly at Eislyn, who looked displeased at him when she returned. He really had no idea what was running into that head of hers.

Don't mind, she's just crazy, he thought to himself.

"If you don't mind telling us, what's your business in the capital city?" Morin asked curiously. After all, she was only a child, what kind of reason did she have to go so far to get there?

Sir Romero already knew, therefore, she didn't care if more people got to know about it. It wasn't like it was a secret, and there was no harm to it.

Eislyn proudly revealed her reason, "I'm going to be a student of Peritia Academy!"

"....." There was a soundless surprise between Jaeke and Morin. Their faces were expressionless and for a moment, it looked like they were frozen in time.

It took a minute for Morin to come back to his senses and form words.

"But the minimum age to be able to enrol is sixteen years old."