Chapter 27:Achilles

Depuis le début

I remembered how I discovered his middle name was Achilles, it was when I had to write about him at the school press team.

He has always been moulded perfectly from his teenage days. From his tanned skin to his well sculpted face and physique body leaving all the girls to idolize him even better than an idol.

His eyes sparkled differently. At first you'll think it's hazel-green but when you stare intently, you know it's pure gold.

He was the Soccer team captain, the Athletic president,  The robot inventory Kingpin and the swimming champion. He was everything you could ever think of then. Ah and also a Casanova along with his one time best friend Ryder Russo until the incident separated them in the past.

Even with the incident, he amazed me as he stood strong, unbreakable and fearless  devising his name Achilles.

Aside from our terrible encounter at the Adriatic Sea, I knew he attended my school as he was just the guy I admired from afar silently. I mean who wouldn't? He had it all. So many of our classmates idolized him along with his friend Ryder who happened to be the son of the owner of the Coldstone prestigious  high school but my own eyes were just fixated at him alone.

Something attracted me towards him and no matter how I tried to pull away, it only got harder. It was like a magnet until he was invited to our press club, our eyes locked together but I averted mine immediately. It was like a struck in my system, the way my heart reacted and pounded fast was unexplainable, I've never felt that way before. I tried to focus and stare at anywhere but him but where he sat was not helping as his lovely perfume lingered in my nose and I felt his eyes fixated on me. I dare not look as I was afraid I could melt at his stares.

I smiled again at his name on my phone coming back from my trance.

I wondered if he had changed the number. I've had this number for nine years now and honestly I don't know why I decided to keep it safe. I wanted to dial it but I refrained myself and dropped my phone harshly on the desk. He wouldn't care a bit and I shouldn't be bothered. Less than four months to go and I'll be out of his life again. I don't deserve him after everything I've done to him.

A month later.

"Ohmyyy... My wedding is this weekend for real ... Just tell me I'm dreaming and I don't want to wake up at all from this dream" Claire said for the millionth time, pacing up and down in my office in an excited manner.

She traveled down from Venice to Rome for her ongoing wedding preparation.

I smiled briefly at my friend. So this is what love does to a person as my mind revels back on Stefano who has been gone for a month now.

He never treated me well but I don't know why I missed him so damn much.

I should be happy he left but that aching feeling is still there. I craved for his presence more than ever.

I tried to work and sketch my ass off with designs to take him out of my mind but it only made it worse.

"Babe... What if Ryder cancel at last minute? What if he doesn't find me attractive any more?" She kept ranting out loud as she sat at the leather sofa before standing up again with her hands on her waist. I chuckled.

"Calm down... Ryder will never do such" I smiled at her resting my both hands on the desk.

"You think?" She inquired. Is she really serious right now?

"I know" I chortled at her.

"So....
"So..." I replied back her unfinished statement for to finish it up.