Consumed

Odys stands and waits for everyone to notice, the more people see him standing the more quiet the space becomes until complete silence.

" Tomorrow is a big day for you all. I know removing the right to mercy might've made this more difficult for some of you, we will be losing people this time around. It is allowed to hurt but make no mistake, this is a test. A test that will show me who is actually loyal to Marrow no matter what. Even if that means killing someone you love. Don't disappoint me. The list of battles will be posted around tomorrow morning, eat, rest. You are all going to need it." Odys speaks loudly and sternly causing quiet muttering to fill the room as Odys sits back in his seat.

I watch him intently, trying to study him. He doesn't look proud but he doesn't look ashamed either. What game is he playing?

The kitchen doors fly open revealing guards carrying trays of food as they make their rounds to each table.

Helena bumps her shoulder gently into mine " Have you witnessed the pits before? "

" No, This is new to me as well." I reply as I begin digging into my food.

Nova's eyes watch me closely as I can feel the concern, to my surprise, I get the feeling her concern isn't just about Elfie. I look up at her as she quickly looks away avoiding my glance causing me to ignore the awkward tension between us for now.

" Who do you think Odys is going to pin me against? It sounds like he wants it to be challenging to kill your opponent, I don't know who that person would be for me." Sciron shrugs

" I fear with Sage missing, I know who my opponent will be." Satica stares at her food, unmotivated to eat.

" I have a feeling I'll be fighting Tisiphone." Demetri says as he takes a bite of a turkey leg before setting it back down, seemingly disgusted by the thought of eating.

" I feel like that would be too easy, from what I've heard, you two hate each other. If I were Odys I'd put you and Pandora against each other." Helena chirps as she raises her eyebrow at her own statement.

Demetri chokes on his food as he spits bits of turkey out onto his plate before looking at me, eyes filled with worry. I look at him mirroring his expression as I place one of my hands on his.

Nova's eyes stay glued onto her food as she eats small bites in silence.

I know what she's thinking, and I feel the pain building in her chest as if it were my own, the thought of her being forced to hurt Elfie is almost too much to bear.

Odys stands once more as he loudly commands. " Nova and Pandora, when you are finished eating I would like a word with you both."

Nova immediately stands not wasting any time, I take one last bite of my food before joining her, feeling Demetri attempt to tug on my hand before I gently pull away refusing to look back. We approach Odys as calmly as either of us can muster as we stand in front of him like soldiers, waiting for an order.

" You two are looking well... considering" Odys smirks

Nova clenches her fist and looks down as I notice Hecate refusing to acknowledge the scenario playing out in front of her. I keep eye contact as I feel my blood begin to boil at the sight of his smug expression. Odys stays quiet for a moment as a look appears on his face, he almost looked impressed.

" I have a task for you two, consider it a special test of loyalty just for you." Odys says calmly as he analyzes our faces seemingly waiting for a reaction.

We only respond with silence and anticipating stares as Odys proceeds.

" I have two guards waiting outside the doors for you, you both will accompany them on a journey. I expect you to return by morning. I would hate to postpone the tournament. It's my understanding it'll be a memorable one." Odys smiles as he raises his eyebrow.