Meanwhile

*DEMETRI'S POINT OF VIEW *

________________________

While in and out of sleep I swear I can hear Pandora's voice .. I can't convince my eyes to open as I fall back asleep before waking up once more to hear a glass jar break .. If it wasn't for the herbs Elfie gave me Id be able to wake up easier .. 

Finally after what feels like an eternity of trying to wake up I force my eyes open as I slowly sit up, still feeling a bit groggy , I gently rub my eyes. 

" You're awake!" Elfie says as she smiles at me 

" Yeah.. I feel like I've been sleeping for forever. " I reply 

" It's mostly been a day of rest , which you needed! How're you feeling? " Elfie asks 

I stretch out my stiff arms and pull my feet off the bed as I run a hand through my hair.

" I feel.. surprisingly better.. like a lot better.. " I answer , confused how I feel like I never had an injury at all. 

" I .. " I begin to speak before Elfie cuts me off

" We happen to be the best healers around , your rib's weren't actually broken but rather bruised. Still painful but easier for us to heal! If you can walk , I'll let you leave. " 

I slowly stand up as I feel my stiff body start to wake up , I stretch my arms up to the ceiling and let out a long sigh . I begin to take a few steps around the room before looking at Elfie waiting for her approval . 

" Lovely! Looks like you'll be okay to leave , if you feel any other pain or discomfort , let me know. " Elfie says 

" Hey .. Elfie ? " I say as I watch her peel the sheets off of the bed I've been resting on . 

" Yes? " Elfie replies

" Was.. Pandora here ? Or was I dreaming ? " I ask 

" She was here with Nova last night before supper. " Elfie says quickly as she turns to smile at me 

" Oh.. I thought I heard glass break?" 

" That was me , I dropped a jar while they were here. " 

Elfie seems to be hiding something by the way she's talking so fast but I decide to mind my own business as I sit to put my boots on. 

" Demetri.. " Elfie says softly while giving me a sympathetic look. 

" Yeah? " I reply as I continue to lace up my boots

" You can't tell anyone but.. Pandora and Nova are.. gone. " 

" What do you mean gone ? " I ask as I feel myself becoming worried 

" I asked Nova for her help outside of Marrow and well.. Pandora went with her." Elfie says as she sets the bed sheets into a basket made of straw. 

" Outside of Marrow.. Is that even allowed ?" I reply as I finish lacing up my boots 

" No.. I don't know when they'll be back but I thought you should know. Please keep this between us! Im sure Odys has already noticed they are missing but he cannot know why." Elfie says in a panicked voice

" Okay.. Why are you telling me this?" I ask as Elfie responds with a confused look on her face 

" You haven't been here long but .. You've said her name a few times while you were asleep.. I just assumed you care about her a lot. " 

" Oh.. Well .. thanks. " I reply letting out a deep breath 

I don't know what my feelings are for Pandora, I do care for her but after that kiss.. the way she reacted only confused me further. I thought there was a deeper connection with her but maybe I was just imagining it.