Chapter 5

Place: New Jersey or something

Time: idek man

Mitch's POV

I can't believe this. Jerome... is... my... neighbor. How am I managing to contain my excitement? He is soooooo hot <3. I should go over to his house and try to befriend him. But I have to be chill about it. *DING DONG* Oh shit! It's probably Jerome! I calmly walk to the door, but Connor has already opened it.

"OMG MITCH HE CAME BACK!!!" Connor shouts at the top of his lungs."Hey, Jerome," I say nonchalantly.

"Uh, hi," he says, almost shyly, as he waves. "Sorry to bother you guys again, but I was wondering if I could get your phone numbers..?"

Did he just ask for my... OMG.

"Sure," I say a little too anxiously. Shit. I blew my cover. "It's (555)666-6667. Connor doesn't have a phone."

He punches my number into his phone. OMG. Jerome... Jerome... JEROME HAS MY NUMBER!

"Awesome! Mine is 555-2573-2315724-3758916345874238-5789."

"DAAAAAAYYYYYUUMMMM that's a long number," I say awkwardly.OMG I HAVE JEROME'S NUMBER!

"Heh, yeah," he chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's got a long story to go with it."

"I bet, lol, you don't have to worry about me leaking it," I say.

"Well, that's great. I'm really not too fond of random fans getting a hold of my number. >.<"

"Yeah, I wouldn't be either. Connor told me you might need help around school."

"Oh. Um. Well, that's not quite what I said?... But it's sort of what I meant. You know, your brother is, like, almost creepily good at reading people."

"I know right? Anyways, I'm kind of a loner so you can hang out with me all you want to," I say.

"Awesome!" he says, smiling. "You know, what your brother was saying earlier... I mean... like... I wouldn't really mind going on a date with you? If you'd, uh... like to?"

OH. MY. GODDDDD. HE WANTS TO DATE ME?!?!?!?!? HARDCORE FANGIRLING.

"I mean, not if you don't want to!" he says hurriedly. "I just- yeah, I'm sorry, that was dumb, I shouldn't... like, you don't even know me, and... uh... heh... Yeah, I'll just go..."

NOOOOOOO!

"No, stay. That sounds like a perfect idea. I know exactly where we can go."

He tilts his head. "Where?"

"There's this dirt road that leads to the lake. When the sun sets, it's the second most gorgeous sight ever."

"Um.... Mitch... You do realize I'm still here, right?" Connor asks awkwardly.

Oh shit. Crap.  

Jerome's eyes go wide. "Um. I'll just... uh... call me later, 'kay, Mitch? Bye!" He runs home like he's being chased by zambies. My brother is horrible.

"Mitch...?" Connor says with a weird voice.

"Uh... Yeah?" I ask back.

" Are you... gay?" he asks with an excited look on his face.

"You know what? I really don't know. He makes me question my sexuality," I reply.

"I know right? Me too!" Connor reply.

"Hahaha, yeah. No. Now you need to go to bed," I say.

"BUTTTTTTT!" he screeches.

"Oh fine, go downstairs and play MineCraft with Jerome or something."

"Okay!" and he flies down the stairs. I chuckle. He's such a pain in the butt.

I run upstairs and pull my phone out of my pocket.

*3 missed calls from Ashley, 1 missed call from Hot Stuff (AKA JEROME)*

OH SHIT! I call Ashley back first because I know the phone call between Jerome and I will take awhile.

*BRRRRING BBBRING *

"Hello?" Ashley asks as she answers the phone.

"Hey, sorry, I had some unexpected company. What's up?"

"There's something I need to talk to you about," she says nervously.

"Okay, go for it."

" You know how we've been friends for several years, right?"

"Yeah..," I say with a scared voice.

"Well... I've liked you as more than a friend since the day I met you on the Playground in 5th Grade."

Ashley's POV

"Well... I've liked you as more than a friend since the day I met you on the Playground in 5th Grade." OMG. Did I really just tell him? What if he rejects me? What if he's with someone else and didn't tell me? Ugh...

"You... You do?" he replies in a confused voice.

"Yes... and I was hoping we could maybe... Date. Mitch, will you go out with me?"

"Uhhhh...... "

"Mitch?" Oh God he's about to reject me. "Mitch! It's dinner time!" I hear in the back ground.

"Hey, I gotta go, and I won't be able to talk tonight, sorry. I'll talk to you after school tomorrow, though, okay?"

"Alright."

"Bye."

"Bye-bye."

OMG. I finally got him. He's mine! I can't wait to see my new boyfriend tomorrow!

Jerome's POV

Oh, oh my gosh. Oh my good Lord. Ohhhhhh ohhhh my gosh. I got Mitch's phone number! Oh my gosh!

Mitch and I are going to go on a date and get married and adopt babies and love each other for ever and ever and star in the next Disney movie. :D

Oh, crap, I've transformed into a weird fanboy. o.o

Dang, I need to stop reading my fans' fanfictions. Not a good idea. Some of those things are nasty!

Anyways. ANYWAYS. I AM GOING ON A DATE WITH MITCH OMGIASDLG HBGFSD-

Calm, Jerome. Calm time. Be calm. Oh, geez. How can I be calm?

Oh, oh my gosh. I don't even know Mitch! We're gonna go on this date and he's gonna hate me and I'm gonna fall in love anyways and then I'll be heartbroken because he's amazing and probably has like a million boys and girls running after him and I don't stand a chance and he probably has a girlfriend back home and he probably doesn't even like dudes and this'll probably be just like that time where Adam left me for that Ty guy even after we'd promised to stay together forever and- and- and-

*hyperventilates*

OH GEEZ ANXIETY

I NEED TO CANCEL

I NEED TO CANCEL THE DATE

I CAN'T- MITCH DOESN'T WANT TO DATE ME

HE'S JUST LIKE ADAM, HE DESERVES BETTER

I dial his number quickly, swallowing hard and trying to get my breathing under control as the phone rings repeatedly. "Hello?" Mitch's voice comes through the phone.

"MitchI'mSoSorryButIHaveToCancelThatDateThingIAmSoSoSorryButYouDeserveBetterAndIReallyJustSuckSoThanksAnywaysBye."

I hang up.

Then I throw my phone across the room and sob.