Chapter 3

Place: the middle of the street

Time: rawr

 Cry's POV

"Oh my gosh- I- Please don't- I-"

"Are you all alone?" the too-familiar man asks nicely, glancing around the street. A grin creeps slowly onto his face as he takes in the empty road. "Well. That isn't safe, kid."

"I-I- I don't- I-" I stammer, desperately trying to re-tie the strings of my mask before it can fall off my face. My fingers won't stop fumbling with the strings. I can't focus. I'm mostly frozen in place.

"Get in the car, Ryan," the man growls. Then his eyes flick towards something behind me right before they widen in fear. He adds in a sickly sweet voice, "Just so I can give you a ride home, of course."

"W-Why are you suddenly- H-How did you know my-"

"Come on, Ryan," the man snarls in a low, barely audible voice.

"No, I don't- stop!" I shout as he reaches out a hand and latches it onto my arm. Then I cry out in pain as he digs his nails into my arm. "S-Stop, let me go!"

"I've finally found you after years of looking, I'm not going to just let you go-"

"Ah, sir?" another threateningly familiar voice asks. Oh, no, not now. I can't handle this right now. "He told you to let him go."

"Butt out, kiddo," the man growls. "This is none of your business- Ryan is mine."

The other person scoffs. "You wish, grandpa." Then strong arms pull me away from the man I'd hoped never to see again.

Not wanting to cause a scene, the man huffs and glares at us before sputtering away in his badly damaged vehicle.

"Are you alright?"

I squeeze my eyes shut, hoping above all hopes that I'm not being held by who I think I'm being held by. "Y-Yeah," I squeak, cursing myself for letting the pitiful noise escape my lips. The man's surprise appearance is sort of screwing with my sarcastic, doesn't-give-a-crap-about-anything facade.

He turns me so that I'm facing him, and I hesitantly open one eye.

Called it.

"H-Hey, Felix."