P.X.G VS Manshine City IV

AU: 4K WORDS!?!? I apologize for those who don't like reading lengthy chapters! I just couldn't stop! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wh-What in the world was that!? A magic trick!? A supernatural phenomenon...!? With that absolutely fantastic goal by Nagi Seishiro...Manshine City ties the game back up!!!" The announcer unable to shake the hype that game from such a goal, the ones watching at home went wild.

"Phew~" The sound came from Y/N, watching the other players of Manshine C, aside from Lui of course, celebrate Nagi's goal. "Don't stray off that course again, Nagi. I'll really ditch you next time..."

'Nagi and Reo...with this, they're values should shoot up. Same for Rin's and Shidou's. Now...' Y/N's eyes began to brighten, almost glowing a dangerous red. '...I can focus on me.'

As was the case with the prior selections, at least for Y/N, it wasn't as simple as just showing what you could do. No, Ego's way of making these trials made it much harder for the No. 1, Y/N, since the people he chose to "co-exist" would more than likely be on the end team.

The previous team selection was a bit unfair as Ego was only looking at those at the top and everyone that worked best with them. For the current selection though, it appeared to be fair as the ones with the highest bid, the ones that showed their value to be the highest would take the spot on the final team...that's where things became a hassle for Y/N.

Naturally, if he were to go "try-hard" every match, his teammates along with his opponents at the time wouldn't be able to show much. In that scenario, the team selection would be entirely out of Y/N's hands and would most likely have to work with his former team for the endgame. A thought he dreaded.

Thankfully, there was a fix to this. A way out. By allowing certain plays to go through, he could control who's value increased and who's didn't. And that's exactly what he did for this match. Letting Shidou and Rin score a goal, along with drawing Reo's and Nagi's "Flow" out, he had to do his part so that the chances of their participation in the endgame increased. 

As for Lui...that was a bit different. Letting him score a goal was more of...how do you say...fan-service. Yeah. That's the right word for it. Y/N would've felt an ounce, a tiny ounce, of sympathy if he outright denied letting Lui even exist in this match, so he threw him a bone. A pity-bone...

The only one who actually didn't need Y/N's indirect or direct help to assert their value so far was surprisingly...Barou. Whether that was the incredibly work of his coach, or him drawing out his own potential as a striker was unclear. Safe to say though, Barou was a definite possibility as a FW alongside Y/N for the U-20 World Cup.

Anyways, Y/N's "act" could finally come to and end. Now, due to him being able to observe everything a bit differently with his passiveness, Y/N had found another key piece to drawing out everything in the deepest depths of his "talent". That new realization being...his eyes.

'I hadn't really thought about it before, but even though people like Isagi and Rin are cut from the same cloth, the things they see, more like, the things they want to achieve are totally different...'

Rin's vision used the talents of those around him, and either finds their weaknesses or uses their strength to aid him in his own goal. Itoshi Sae's, from what he remembered, centered around the most impactful spots. Isagi's revolved around shutting down plays and launching almost unstoppable counters. Niko's involved striking at the right moment to completely stop an attack...