*Scene Break*

"Ack!?"

"Martha!?"

Klaus quickly moves to support his wife who kneeled on the floor. She is clutching on her chest tightly as she gritted her teeth.

".... My connection to the Sanctuary.... it's vanishing...." She simply said.

Klaus widened his eyes at that.

'It couldn't be.... I made sure it is hidden deep within our mountainous areas!' He thought in shock. He shook his head, quickly changing his mindset. "Just rest. I'll go there and take care of it..."

"No!" The hand of his wife grasped on his wrist. "I'll come with you!" She said, looking at him with a determined gaze.

He looks a bit conflicted at that, but quickly let out a sigh. Then he nodded at her.

"... I would really like to stop you, but I guess I can't... Okay, you can come along." He simply said before looking at the other knights who are standing besides them. "Protect this mansion while we are gone. We're only going to investigate what's..."

A strong explosion on the distance interrupted what he is going to say. The deafening noise makes him cover his wife with his arms.

"What happened!?" He exclaims before looking at the distance. Then his eyes widened in surprise.

On the distance, where the mountains are located, he saw multiple crimson pillars forming, and one of the mountain crumbling like a broken sandcastle.

"The Sanctuary...." He gasped in shocked, thoroughly flabbergasted at the destruction on the distance.

".... It's gone..."

The words of his wife makes him more certain. He felt a brief pang of pain in his heart as he gritted his teeth.

They might have already given up on continuing their plan on reviving the faith for the Heavenly Entities, but the sight of the only remaining part of their faith being destroyed makes him incredibly angry. He wanted to know who it is.

".... Let's go, we have to see it for ourselves!" He said, supporting his wife to stand up. "Give me my horse! We will go to that mountain!"

The knight didn't ask anything and just saluted to him before going to the stables. His men fully trusts him, so they tend not to ask when he thought of something.

*Scene Break*

The fight took a turn for the worse. Epsilon can barely damage this monstrosity.

As she weaves through the beams of destruction, and counters with her precise magical slashes, everything is being healed. The wings of nerves are expanding a lot as the nerve endings shoots out vermillion lasers on her way.

Another thing are those eyes. Each time they locked onto her for some moments, she felt her body freezing up and a pain of some sorts digging straight to her insides. She can't even understand how it is happening.

The man is also incredibly fast. He is not just standing there to wait for her death. No, he is making sure she will die as he tries to catch up to her with his newfound capabilities. His speed exceeds sound, making her used most of her concentration just to dodge and barely managing to even score back some hits.

It's an impossible battle. If this goes on, she will be the first one to lose. She didn't have unlimited amounts of magical power, despite having a lot of it.

"Give it up! You know you can't beat me!" Gomez said arrogantly, laughing as he swings his sword.

The sword has a malevolent crimson aura coating it. The air itself screams as it slashes through the space. Even the single inch dodge she manages to do is not enough as she still felt a bit of her skin vanishing by just the mere contact of it's light.

'This is ridiculous! Is this how am I going to be defeated!?' She gritted her teeth. 'I refuse to die just like this! I still have to fulfill my lady's dream!'

She fought desperately. Striking at the most opportune moment with her own skills. Her precision is true as she hits every known vital spots on these weird physiology that this abomination has.

And yet, it isn't enough. Regardless of how much she tries to attack him, how much she uses the techniques she learned from her beloved lady, this monstrosity shows the unfairness of strength as he simply shrugs it off and recovers every bit of damage she inflicted near-instantly.

"Ggghk!?" She widened her eyes as she made a misstep on her movements, resulting on one of his wing swipe to score a hit on her.

She is blown to the other side of these mountainous region, her eyes bulging out as she hits the solid mountainous stone heavily that it creates a large web-like cracks around her.

As she fell on the ground, she tries to move but fails. Her body protesting as she feels different pangs of soreness all over her body. Even if she can move, those multiple glaring eyes from those wings seems to freeze her nerves, and cause metaphysical pain that she can't even identify where other than within herself.

"As expected, someone like you should be a high ranking member of the Shadow Garden. Your head will be a great addition to my achievements for the Seat!" Gomez exclaimed with a wide grin on his face. He brandishes his sword, coating it with those malevolent vermillion aura.

She looks up at the guy, glaring at him with all the spite that she has.

"... Still looking defiant, I see! Then die!"

Mercilessly, he swings his blade at her prone form. Epsilon can't help but feel extremely bitter.

'I'm sorry, Lady Arisa.... I failed you....'

She closes her eyes, preparing for the pain to occur to her, before slowly opening it after noticing that nothing is happening.

"You are!?"

She looks up once more, and saw the back of that familiar black hood. It is her beloved mistress.

"Lady Shadow!"

She only glances at her for a moment with her glowing golden eyes, before returning her gaze back at Gomez.

"The foolish heretic who disgraces the image of the divine, prepare to meet your end with my blade!" She said that coldly as she pointed the tip of her ebony blade at the monstrosity depicting a horrid sculpture of an angel.