Chapter 5.1

"HORIKITA, I'm surprised you actually met up with me." It was kind of late at night so this would be good enough although I'd thought she'd ignore me.

And yet, I've finally got hold of her; I constantly texted her until she finally gave in, so I guess that makes sense.

"And so we're meeting in this disclosed area? What do you want?"

"I'll like to apologize for what I've done on the Island."

I can plan this properly if me and her aren't on good terms.

"I'm unsure.."

"Look, it was risky and what I did back then wasn't good. I'm also sorry for lashing out on you back on the island. I couldn't find any other way to make you retire voluntarily so I had to do that." I bowed down. "I know you may think of these as pure excuses, but I acknowledge my wrongdoings-"

"Fine fine, I forgive you. I don't want you to continue on with your long apology."

I wasn't exactly sure if she actually forgiven me. Well, some random apology isn't really going to do much, it would take a long time to actually make her forgive me. Making a long and cringy apology worked.

"Alright. With that over with, I'll like to talk about something else as well."

"There's more?" She seemed surprised yet mildly annoyed by this information.

"It's about the exam. I'm not sure what to do."

"So you lost your intelligence right after the first exam then."

Quite rude.

"Look, I'm just want to read over the rules and see if you can find any interesting information or loopholes, alright?"

"How can you do that if-"

"I recorded it."

How I love recording things... well this sounds weird out of context so I'll retract my statement.

As I played the recording, the part in which it's said that students can not interfere with emails such as modifying, deleting, transferring or creating an email for the exam.

"Students can not interfere with emails such as modifying, deleting or creating an email, huh." I said it in a reasonably loud voice. "I wonder if there's some loophole around this... students... can't do the action..."

I looked towards Horikita with a confused expression. 

"I'm not sure if this means anything. It's not like anyone else other-"

"Students can not interfere with emails... students."

She wore an expression that looked as if she finally found something she was shopping for... (Horrible analogy)

"Students can't do that... do you understand this Shinjiro-kun?"

"Of course... not."

"Students can't interact with the emails, but nowhere does this say teachers can't do this. You're seeing what I'm getting at here?"

I know Horikita is an intelligent person, and such I knew she would be able to quickly find this loophole.

"I can see where you're getting at here. However, why not submit a screenshot of the email?"

"Screenshot?"

"It doesn't state that you can't make a screenshot of someone being or not being the VIP. That's not considered changing the email."

"Hm..."

I've thought of this as well, however I decided not to use it. It was simple and effective. That is true. However, if they notice is a screenshot of some sort, it's over. Besides, Manabu, despite the nature of this exam, will allow Horikita's idea. This is primarily because of the blackmail. If that blackmail didn't work, I might've gone with the screenshot. Thing is, I was planning on making this widespread, not just in one group. A screenshot of a VIP or non-VIP email wouldn't be the best.