Chapter 3.3

AH, I really hate this. I feel so immeasurably guilty. I wanted to go and shell myself away from humanity. But I got to find them, where are they? In distance, I hear sobbing as well as some soft voices.

"Don't worry Shiho, if you can explain to him, he'll understand."

"H-he saw me, doing terrible things to her. What excuse do I have?!"

Seems like she's really broken down... Ayanokouji wants me to blackmail her directly but...

That's just too risky, I wouldn't want to do that. Instead, I'll make a mental compromise and do something in my favor, I suppose.

"Manabe!"

"H-huh?"

She looked up to me with shaky eyes, wiping her tears in the process.

"U-Um. About the whole thing. I'm going to talk with the person who said for you to do that tomorrow. I realized that he told you to do those horrible things."

"R-really? I still feel so guilty..." Don't worry, I too.

"I know. I still think what you did was bad but... It wasn't your fault. You were told this and I didn't knew. It was my classmate's fault. I'm sorry." I bowed my head in front of her.

"No no! I'm the one at fault here. Is there anything I could do to-"

"No, I don't want any favors. It wasn't your fault so you shouldn't feel guilty, alright?" 

I did a head pat on her head and smiled. She seemed to calm down a lot and was grinning herself.

"But... Karuizawa-san still bullied Rika..."

"I know. It's best not to worry about it and go, alright? I'll manage the situation for you and your friends."

After some constant back and forth, she and her friend bid farewell and walked away.

"Sigh, well, at least they'll know I'm not the one who' going to blackmail them via a different account." I said to myself as I went back to my room to go sleep.

__________________________________________________________________

Word Count: 308 Words