Chapter 2.1

"WHY do I have to be with you guys..." Yamauchi complained for about the 186th time while we were on our way to the group meeting room.

"Trust me, I hate being with you too. I just want the private points."

"Of course, a girl like you would want private points! Besides, everyone wants them. Retard. "

"What's that supposed to mean, incel!? "

Yamauchi and Shinohara are arguing as usual. At least Mei's quiet. Well, that's not much of a high bar. I however, also kept quiet. We were both walking side but side, but I can see she's not comfortable with me, so I instead moved a bit away from her to give her space.

Not much later, we arrived at the third level room, with a nameplate that reads "Rooster". 

"Phew, finally we're here!" Yamauchi boastfully exclaimed.

"Great! Now that we're here! Quit stalling and go in." 

"Pft, what's with you? What if I want to wait a bi-"

The second Yamauchi opened the door, Shinohara slightly pushed him, somehow causing him to fall in the room. Oh, what a great first impression to Class D. Not only that, but we're also the last ones too!

Yamauchi quickly got up from the floor and was in confusion, before turning around to face Shinohara.

"What was that for!?"

"Sorry, I accidently pushed you. I think you should've move in faster." Shinohara said in a sarcastic and condescending tone, then preceding to slightly push him aside again when she enters the room and sat down next to Mei. Yamauchi also, although reluctantly, sat down next to her and of course, both groaned.

"Tch! I hate girls like her." I'm sure girls hate boys like you. No no, I'm wrong! Girls don't hate you! I was foolish for thinking that! I admit I was wrong...

The correct answer is that both genders hate you.

Not wasting time, I was about to enter before moving to the side to let Mei pass.

"Um... thank you." Although it was in a rather low and timid voice, I'm unsure if she truly meant that. I'll take it for granted she likely didn't.

As stated, we were indeed the last ones to arrive here. Everyone was indeed present. Most, however, were looking at me. I was unsure if it was because I'm here or that I'm the last one.

Everyone, of course, were sitting in natural groups of their classes. There was one vacant seat between Mei and Hiyori so of course I sat there.

"Pleasure seeing you here, Shinjiro-san." Hiyori greeted me.

"Nice seeing you here too, Shiina. I'll have to ask though... Why are you greeting me?" 

"Hm? Isn't it natural to greet acquaintances and friends?"

"Well yes, but I'm sure you heard of the incident during the island exam... right?"

Hiyori looked like as if she got her mind blown (not literally) and nodded aggressively. Knowing that, she started whispering.

"I understand what you're talking about, however I believe Shinjiro-san has a good reason to steal a girl's underwear."

If anyone else heard that, they will surely question Hiyori right now. But I was intrigued, why does she think that.

"Why do you think that?" I asked her, I was curious and of course, I was whispering.

"When I first met you, you seemed like a calm and collected person. Of course, appearances aren't always everything, but I just can't see that in you to steal someone's underwear for the sake of it. I think you was doing this for the class, after you, you guys did win in the special test. You're a good person. Call it intuition I suppose?"