ch-20

Akshara was feeling so restless. She immediately called Abhimanyu to talk to him but he disconnected the call and texted her that he was in an important meeting and will call her later. She was feeling even more distressed.

   It was around 10 pm, he called her back. She saw it and became angry.

  " So, finally you got time? and you gave me order to take leave, why you didn't follow it?" She asked in anger.

  Abhimanyu sensed that her mood was off, he was in parking of his office going to home. It was very hectic day for him and few minutes back only he got free. He thought to first call her and then leave.

  " Akshara, is everything ok? " He asked being concerned.

  " Really? You are asking me as if you don't know anything?" She taunted back.

  " What happened?Please tell me clearly.
I seriously have no idea of what you are talking about. I was too occupied in back to back meetings as I had to compensate for 3 days backlog.Dad could not manage it alone as he is not familiar with new people,investors, rules and regulations much. It will take little time for him to get accustomed with everything. So, I can't leave everything on him and get relaxed. Moreover, I don't want to. I want him to live stress-free life, he is already a heart patient so I won't let him get too much involve in everything. So, I have to handle everything on my own. There were some issues, so whole day went into that only. Now I became free and going home. So honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about. Please tell me why you were calling and why your mood is off?" He asked her again.

   Now Akshara was feeling little bad for showing her anger on him like that.

  " I was at home when your mom came.
She told me that your new house is ready
and she came to invite us for the grah pravesh Pooja which is on this Thursday.
She want me to be present there as her daughter in law. I don't want to hurt her feelings but this is not right. Please do something. Only you can stop it." She requested.

  " What? Really? Honestly dad was looking after construction of our home and it's been ages I took any update from him. Honestly I didn't know that it's completed now. Oh, that's why mom was calling me frequently and I told her that I will talk to her after coming home. She is going to blast on me. Coming to your concern, I understand it. Don't worry you won't have to take part in Pooja but I have a request not as my mother's daughter in law but as my friend, please attend it. It will make me happy as I don't have any friends here and it feels good when your closed ones become part of your happy day. You can see our house also and please give your reviews as it's whole design is mine, they just followed what I told them but honestly I never went there to follow up and left everything on dad. So I don't know how it looks. So please, do come just as a guest.
Rest everything, I will handle and please don't mind my mom's over excitement and try to ignore it." He requested to her.

  Akshara was in dilemma. She could feel  happiness in his voice and she was also happy that he was going to have his own house and she would have easily accept his invitation if it was that simple but here things were different. His mom wanted her to be there as his would be life partner which was not true. She didn't want to be present there as it will be very auspicious occasion and she can't make fun of it but she can't ignore his request also. He had done so much for her and he was inviting her as a friend to take part in his happiness and also promising her that he will make sure that she won't have to perform Pooja as his mother wants. After debating little more she accepted his invitation.

  "Thankyou. Anything else?" He asked.

  " No" she replied.

  " Ok then, good night. I have to go home
and face my mom. Please pray for me." He said to her.