Chapter eight

I woke up the morning after the wedding to the sound of people taking down decorations cleaning the place. I heard steady breathing beside me and realised that Link must've come back whilst I was already asleep. I didn't even look at him, I just got up and began prepping myself.

In all honesty, I didn't feel like a wife in the slightest; and I guessed that Link didn't feel like much of a husband, (Or a prince for that matter), either.

My morning tutoring and Link's training were due after I finished getting ready, but I noticed he was still asleep on his side of the bed.

"Link." I called out, hoping that I didn't have to go and physically awaken him. "Link, get up."

I heard him stir and groan into his pillow, but he wouldn't rise out of bed.

"Alright, fine. Miss training then." 

I was about an hour into my tutoring when I remember my mind beginning to drift off into daydreaming. 

I was sat in the library, opposite my mathematics tutor, practicing pythagorus. She informed me that she was going to leave and get some more paper from the equipment cupboard (A good few flights of stairs away).

As soon as she left, all three of my maids rushed towards me and seated themselves opposite me. I had noticed them in the room with me, but what I hadn't anticipated was their immense intruigment to talk to me.

"So?" Aria began, her voice not much more than a mumble.

I looked up from my papers. "Hm? So what?"

Lisa sighed, rolling her eyes. 

"Twenty-one questions!" They all reminded me at the same time.

"Oh, that?" I said. "Oh, no. He was out all night- besides, I wouldn't have started it last night. Maybe tomorrow night."

"What?" Dalia whined, disappointed. "Why so delayed? Come on, Zelda!"

"Nope, I'm not ready yet. I'm still cooling off from the wedding, and I doubt he wants to talk to me either."

"So Goddamn practical." Lisa groaned. "Just go talk to him already!"

"Look, girls, why are you so passionate about this?" I asked. "It's as if you were asking for the moon, really."

"Because, Princess!" Aria beamed. "It's so obvious! I mean, come on- the perfect enemies to lovers trope."

"What? Lovers?" I wretched. "You read too many storybooks. There's nothing to love about him." 

I looked at all three of them, their expressions invested in my situation completely.

"Hold on..." I began. "Are you three trying to get me and Link together?"

The girls all looked around the room, Dalia scratching the back of her head.

"It's a nice day out," Lisa added.

"Girls!" I shouted, making them all jump. "I can't believe this! Do you honestly think I should stoop that low?"

"hmmm," They all started. "Yes!" 

"Wow, I take that as an insult." I scoffed. "I'm not going to do twenty-one questions at all, now."

Their reactions were a mix of disappointed and angry, neither of which I really responded to.

Out of the blue, an unfamiliar voice rang out from the entrance of the library. "Have any of you seen Link?" 

His expression morphed into one of disarray as our heads turned towards him. "Sorry, Princess." He took a knee and stood back up, dusting himself off. "I just thought you would know where he was, of all people."