Fuck.

I leave the bathroom and Creighton was waiting outside. "You took your time." he says while leaning against the wall.

"Why do you need to stop off in town?" I retort.

"It's my mum's birthday next week."

"Alright. let's go."

He says goodbye to Kai and we leave. "Creighton I have to tell you something," I say as we walk to his car.

"Go on."

I sit in the passenger seat and put my seatbelt on. "Jeremy was drugged. Opleids to be specific and when I was looking for the painkillers I found the pills."

I couldn't tell what Creighton was thinking. "I think you're too invested in this," he tells me and my heart drops.

"No. I'm telling you, Creighton." I pull the drugs out of my bag and his eyes widen. "I found these."

"You fucking took them." he snaps.

"Why are you angry with me? Your best friend drugged Jeremy. He's a murderer."

Creighton cups the side of my head, keeping his eyes on mine. "Read my lips Anoushka. Kai did not do anything. He isn't a murderer. He can't be a murderer."

I touch his hands gently and it was like something came over him. He immediately drops his hand from my face. "Fuck. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Anoushka." he whispers his voice full of shame.

I shake my head.  "Say what you want Creighton but Kai did it." I whisper back.

It must have been difficult for him to accept. Kai and Creighton have been friends since they were kids.

"We'll talk about it when we get home." he mutters under his breath.

We drive down to town and we enter the mall. "What do you think my mum will like?" he asks.

"Anything." I reply.

His mum was as angel. Even if she brought her a pair of socks she would still be appreciative. "I'm going to get her something," I murmur.

I love his mum. She was always so welcoming towards me. She is more motherly towards me than my own mum was.

"She loves make-up and jewellery." Creighton states.

"I'll help you find something." I mutter, dragging him to the make-up store.

After an hour of shopping, we finally found a few items. I bought his mum some jewellery. Creighton bought her makeup.

"Wait. I wanna check something out." I tell Creighton. He follows me to another aisle and I look at the makeup. I did need some more makeup but maybe another day.

As I turn around, someone pushes into me. "Sorry." he murmurs before quickly walking off.

I watch the figure walk. He was wearing a black hoodie with black trousers.

"What is it?" Creighton asks, taking my bags off me and holding them.

He already thinks I'm paranoid.

"Nothing." I mumble. "Let's go."

As we are about to leave the store, the security system begins to beep loudly. "What the fuck," I mutter as the security man begins to walk towards us.

"Give me the bags." he orders.

Creighton hands them over. "Your purse as well." he says to me.

Shit. The drugs are in there.

"No." Creighton states. "That's not how it works. Anoushka. Walk through the scanners."

I do as he says and nothing beeps. The security guard clears his throat before putting the bags that Creighton was holding through the door and they beep again.

Creighton hands him the receipt. "You'll need to come to the security office so that we can verify some of these items."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Creighton asks. He looks back at me. "Wait in the car. I don't know how long this is going to take."

He shoots me a look, telling me to do as he is saying and I nod my head. The fucking drugs were in my purse and if they decide to go through my purse then I'll be done for and I didn't plan on going to jail any time soon.

He hands me his keys and I make my way to the parking lot. The sun had set now. How long were we in town for?

I fiddle with the keys as I try to turn the lock on the door. I look up through the car window and I notice a presence loom behind me. I didn't have a chance to react because they hit the back of my head with a heavy object and I lost all sorts of consciousness.