Chapter 33:)

Bailey POV

My eyes searched each and every face in the room, trying to pin point a glance or shift that may give them away. No one moved, however I found it interesting how the only person uninjured was Ashton. 

"Ok ok I was driving." Ashton admitted, scratching the back of his neck guiltily. His eyes jumping around to everyone in the room except myself. 

"How?" Mikaela asked, taking a seat on the side of the crisp white hospital bed. 

"Greenday was on the radio." Calum piped up as if to change the subject. 

"Don't lyric with me you idiot." I snapped. Luke's hand shot to the small of my back, rubbing soothing circles as I continued to glare at Calum. 

"Hey, hey relax." Luke whispered, standing up to wrap his arms around my waist and pulling me into his chest. 

"You could've died. Luke." I whispered as I turned around and buried my face into his black T-shirt. He smelt like coffee and well, Luke. I hugged him back tightly, as if he was smoke and the faintest breath of wind would take him away from me.

"I don't know what I would've done if.....if." I couldn't even bring myself to mutter the words as I just shook my head into his shirt. 

"It's ok though. I'm alive." Luke mumbled, bringing me impossibly closer.  

"Praise The Lord almighty." I huffed, stepping back to shoot another glare at Ashton. 

An awkward silence fell over the group as everyone's eyes darted about the room, not really making contact with anyone. The awkwardness was broken when the doctor came strolling into the room, a happy rather dopy smile on his face. A student was trailing along behind him. My eyes darted between the pair, instantly suspicious. 

"Everything back and nothing else seems to be the problem. You, young man don't have a break it's just a small hairline crack in the carpel bone." 

The doctor, whose ID read Carter said, pointing at Luke who was now smiling. That was good news for him, it meant he'd be back faster to playing the guitar. Which was good for both his and my mental health. If Luke couldn't play guitar he would slowly fall into a pit of hopelessness, a bit like myself and basketball. 

"Awesome. When can we leave?" I questioned, taking a step over to the two doctors who still refused to make eye contact with each other. 

"You're free to go but everyone involved in the incident  are not permitted to drive due to the medicine in their system. I hope you understand." Carter instructed, nodding his head as we all agreed with his terms. 

"Ok you are free to leave whenever." 

At that both doctors left the room. 

"Ok, I have my car, I'll drive myself and Luke. The rest of you sort it out, you'll all fit in Ashton's car." I huffed, grabbing Luke by his non injured arm and pulling him out of the ward.