Chapter 6: Investigating

Start from the beginning

Mera: ( blankly: ) I fail to see why people fear Snape so much.

Merula: Probably because you're somewhat like him, Mera.

Rowan: Are you guys sure we should be searching this corridor?

Merula: We'll be fine as long as we hurry, and stay aware of our surroundings. Plus we're safe because we have the most powerful witch at Hogwarts, me.

Mera: ( sarcastically: ) Oh, really? I definitely didn't beat you in a duel in a matter of seconds a week ago. ( To Rowan, blankly and honestly: ) But, sadly, Merula has a point, we'll be okay as long we are aware of our surroundings. And if anything happens, I have a few tricks up my sleeves to get us out of it.

Rowan: Okay, I trust you, Mera. Merula, I don't trust you one bit. Besides, I don't think I could forgive myself for leaving you with Merula, Mera, or not taking the opportunity to inspect a forbidden corridor in Hogwarts.

Mera then heard something at the end of the corridor.

Mera: Did you two hear anything at the end of the corridor?

Rowan: I heard something.

Merula: It's probably a mouse or something.

Rowan: Based on my research, there are at least twenty-one different entities that could be roaming the corridors at night, and every one of them is potentially terrifying.

Mera: ( calmly and blankly: ) Meh. I've probably faced scarier things.

Rowan: What should we do?

Merula: Let's just search this place as fast as possible, and hope whatever it is isn't coming this way.

Mera, Merula, and Rowan then began searching the place. Mera couldn't find anything strange or unusual that caught her attention, except for the mysterious door. Mera went to touch it when a cat ran to her and blocked door.

Mera: A cat?

Rowan: That's not just a cat, Mera. That's Mrs. Norris. She alerts Filch when students are misbehaving on school grounds.

Mrs. Norris hissed at the three girls, Mera still had a blank expression on her face while Rowan and Merula were worried as the cat ran off.

Mera: Due to the fact that a cat can run 30 miles per hour, I don't believe we have less than three minutes to get out of here.

Rowan: We'd better get somewhere safe like the Common room.

Merula: Run!

The three girls quickly made a break for it out of the Upstairs Corridor and to Common room. Mera looked at Rowan and Merula with a blank expression as they were panting from the running.

Merula: ( to Mera: ) How are you not tired?

Mera: I ran from worse, my mother when my dad or my brother broke one of the house rules, mostly my dad. But, you two should sit down, so you can regain your energy faster.

Merula and Rowan then sat down on the common room's couches. Mera then made a quick trip to her dorm room to grab her mysterious phoenix book and got back to the common room, sat down on one of the couches and started to read her book. Rowan then saw the book Mera was reading, and she knew what it was.

Rowan: Mera, I didn't know that you were a fan of Phoenix Heart.

Mera blushed out of embarrassment, as she wasn't expecting that Rowan knew the kind of book she was reading.

Merula: What's Phoenix Heart?

Rowan: It's a fantasy romance book about a dark knight and a princess she's secretly in love with.

Merula: ( to Mera: ) Ha, I should've known that you would be into that kind of stuff.

Mera: ( back at Merula: ) You haven't even heard or read it so don't judge me.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

What do you hope to see in the next chapter?

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜