Miracles Can Happen

Rose visits Dimitri's room knowing he has barricaded himself in there, and she wants to be supportive and help him through everything he is dealing with. After minutes of someone knocking, Dimitri finally opens the door- he just wanted to be left alone. Rose walks in and assesses the room, the state of Dimitri and is worried. Dimitri, being drunk, opens up that he has been drinking, that while under the influence, he feels numb. It gives him the chance to escape, to forget the everything he has done and everything he did to Rose while strigoi. Dimitri got lost in his thoughts of what he and Rose had before he was turned and told Rose how much he loved her and missed her. He got lost in the moment and leaning in, he kisses her. Rose was shocked at the progress Dimitri made and eagerly returned his kiss. She knew she still loved him and had been missing him immensely. Their kiss turned heated and ended up with them tangled in bed until the early hours of the morning.

Dimitri woke up the next morning having it all slam down on him – the full guilt from before, but with added guilt of what he had just done. Dimitri left his room leaving no note and proceeded to avoid his room until late that night, giving Rose the chance to leave. He was too ashamed to see her.

Rose woke up alone in a cold bed, thinking Dimitri might have already got up to have a shower or get coffee. She had a bad feeling though. She looked around his apartment to discover no sign of Dimitri, no note, nothing. She thought he may have gone out to get breakfast, but half hour later, she came to the conclusion that she must have just been a one night stand to him. Rose was upset and determined to confront him when she saw him next. Rose found Dimitri in church a few days later who told her that love fades, mine has. Rose got pissed that he played with her feelings by leading her on and using her. This broke Rose more than anyone thought possible.

Lissa found out that Rose confronted Dimitri in church and assumed that Rose was just pushing to see Dimitri still. With these thoughts, Lissa took Dimitri's side, told Rose she was in the wrong and to leave Dimitri alone, to stop pestering him.

After the encounter with both Dimitri and Lissa, Rose avoided everyone. She messaged Adrian to meet in her room and broke up with Adrian, explaining that she loved him, but wasn't in love with him and he deserved better. Adrian knew Rose needed time to herself and was supportive of their break up but made her promise to still be best friends.
Adrian and Rose remained close friends and a month later, he was there when Rose found out that she was pregnant with Dimitri's baby. Rose was beside herself, not knowing what she was going to do but being comforted by Adrian. He first offered money, but Rose wouldn't take it. He then suggested calling Abe and seeing if he had any positions free, that would allow her to continue to work to support herself and her baby, get away from Court, and actually raise her baby.

So Rose contacted Abe, explained the situation she found herself in, and Abe offered her a job as one of his private guardians – Rose jumped at the opportunity. Abe then started researching spirit, shadowkissed, and returned strigoi to know how Rose could be pregnant with another dhampir. Rose packed all her belongings and went to say her farewells to both Eddie and Mikhail, as they had been there for her and had her back over the last several months, before Abe's van arrived to pick her up. Eddie and Mikhail separately commented about the opportunity to leave and have better treatment, and hinted at wishing they could do the same.

Rose was picked up and taken to Abe's private jet where she was flown to Abe's mansion in Istanbul. It took some time for Rose to settle in, between doctors appointments for the baby and herself, jetlag, time zones etc. One morning when Abe and Rose were sitting down for breakfast, Rose brought up the questions of Abe's guardians and if he had any other posting available. Abe questioned her, and Rose admitted that she had been thinking about her last conversations with Mikhail and Eddie, how they both seemed to be over the moroi world and the unfair working conditions of guardians. She went on to say how much they had both done for her, and that she wanted better for them and would like to help them if she had a way of making that happen.

Abe told Rose to leave it with him. Abe wanted to do Eddie and Mikhail a favour and help them as they were supportive of his little girl, especially when she needed them most. He did a background check on both, and then had his head guardian, Pavel, contact them offering them new jobs as private guardians. This came with better pay, time off, more travel opportunities, and better working conditions. Abe also discovered in the background check that Mikhail took a year off being a guardian to track down his lover-turned-strigoi, but never found her. Unknown to everyone, Abe got his team to track Mikhail's lover, as well as a spirit user so if/ when they found Sonya Karp, they could restore her.

It had been 6 months since Rose, Eddie and Mikhail joined Abe and all was well. When they were all together, Abe brought up Rose's pregnancy and jovially stated that he had found out how she could be pregnant with another dhampir! The three were eager to hear, and Abe was happy to explain that they had found proof of another dhampir-dhampir couple having a child together. The father had been restored from being strigoi, the same as Dimitri. Abe's scientist ran tests on the other man and said that it is possible because a restored person has a large amount of spirit in their system.

Rose asked Abe for written proof of their findings. She wasn't sure whether she would tell Dimitri, not after what he said to her, but decided that his family had nothing to do with it and shouldn't miss out on knowing they have another family member. Rose wanted to atleast give them the chance to have an active role in her child's life, leaving the decision to them. She also asked Abe if he was able to do a paternity test for her child when they were born so she was able to send it to Dimitri's family and reveal all then.

It had been another month and Rose went into labor. Eddie, Mikhail and Abe along with a restored Sonya had been nervous wrecks in the waiting room. They had contacted Adrian, who managed to arrive before the baby was born, and ended up in the delivery room supporting Rose through the birth. Rose gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, who was a spitting image of his father. She named him Ivan Mason Ibrahim Belikov and she couldn't have been more in love with him. Rose asked both Eddie and Adrian to be Ivan's godfathers.

Abe had doctors obtain DNA from his grandson to match to Dimitri's DNA on his guardian file. Once Rose was back home and settle into a routine with her little Ivan, who everyone was smitten with, she wrote two letters- one to Dimitri and one to his family, then sealed them individually in envelopes along with a picture of Ivan, the paternity test results and the scientists restored strigoi spirit findings. She posted them off, Dimitri's to him at Court, and his family's to their home address. They were all Ivan's family and had a right to know about him.