Truth

Giovanni luigi Benardi

I woke up groaning, I hate waking up, But once I do I make sure my day is productive. I looked at the alarm beside me giving me a headache and turned it off.
I quickly did my morning routine and wore one of the grey sweats with a plain tee and went downstairs.

"Good morning," I said looking at my older brother

"Morning" He replied "Let's go" He stood up sliding his phone into his left pocket.

"Sure," I said as we both left the house for a walk. It's our everyday thing, we both go for a walk every morning

"What are you thinking about that boy?" I asked randomly, I was curious

"I don't know, I'm going to see him today. Once he wakes up, I'll talk to him and report to his parents"

"Hmm, can I come with you?" I asked

"Yes, He'll wake up by noon. We can go together after lunch" he replied

"Okay, what about Noah?" I asked, I knew he spanked him last night.

"I don't know, He hates me," Sandro said taking a seat at the nearest bench in the park

"No, He doesn't" I denied

"Who are you lying to? Me, you?" Sandro asked back

"He doesn't hate you, Sandro. He might not say it but deep down he loves you, he loves you more than he loves anyone of us"

"If you say so but I'm used to it, I'm used to Noah, saying hurtful things and Dante sometimes pretending I'm not here"

"Sand-" "Gio, let's drop this topic"

"Okay" I sighed "The shipment will arrive today and I have a meeting arranged today for the gun shipping in the US" I updated him

"I trust you with it"

"I know, I'll see what can be done possibly for the Teams practicing In the warehouse."

"Do whatever you see fit, I won't be home for dinner I have a meeting to attend"

"You never home, anyways," I said.

We went back home chatting and talking about our day, Sandro never talks about his feelings, it's strictly business with him. The only time I feel like I have my brother around and not the Mafia boss is when we are on a walk in the morning and that's why despite my hate of waking up early I still wake up and go with him.

"Good Morning," I said smiling to both my younger brothers sitting on the island having breakfast.

"Shuush, Gio," Dante said groaning, he isn't a morning person

"Morning" Noah replied sticking his eyes in his phone, texting.

Sandro made his way to his room and I did too, took a shower, and got ready for the day.
Once I went down, the younger ones were still on the island, talking and Sandro was sitting in his suit having coffee in one of his hands and the tablet in another looking at his schedule.

I entered the kitchen and made an omelet for Sandro and me.

"Thank you," He said, "No problem, eat" I replied taking a seat beside him and grabbing my coffee which he prepared for me.

"I'm leaving," Dante said

"Okay, go safely," I said

"I have signed the form, you gave me. It's on the coffee table in the living room" Sandro said acknowledging Dante

"Okay, Bye Sandro," He said smiling, He smiled back

"I'm leaving too" Noah got up

"Don't be troublesome today" Sandro warned

"Whatever" Noah murmured which I heard and left for his college too.

_____

We were at the hospital and the kid was still not in the senses, so we were waiting in his room.

"Look, he is moving," Sandro said and the kid slowly opened his eyes.

"I'll call the doctor" Sandro nodded his head and I quickly came back with the doctor.

"How are you feeling?" The doctor asked

"Fine, My head hurts" He replied softly

"Don't worry, it's adjusting to the surrounding. You will be fine..."

"Lucas, it's Lucas John"

"Yes, you will be fine Lucas," The doctor said and left the room.

I went closer and took a look at Lucas and he locked his eyes with me, He has the same eyes as Mom and Sandro. I looked shocked towards Sandro who was already looking at me with the same look.

"Thank you for saving me" He thanked Sandro, "Who are you?" he asked turning his head to me.

"That's fine, I'm Alessandro and he's my younger brother Giovanni" Sandro replied to him on my behalf to which Lucas nodded his head.

"Lucas, can I ask you how you ended up in that situation," Sandro asked him softly

"Uhm- I was playing in the park and the" He was stuttering and we could easily see that he was thinking about something to say, he was lying.

"Lucas, we know you were abused. If you tell us honestly, we could help you"

He was deep into his thoughts after I said that we know the truth, Sandro slightly shook him and he seemed to come out of his thoughts.

"You know the truth?" He looked at me with his big doe eyes and I nodded.

"My parents abuse me so I ran away but then they caught me beat me a lot and then they sent me over to their friends" He looked at Sandro "The ones you saved me from, They abused me too and they were talking about shipping me to another country and I overhead them so I tried running away and was saved by you" He confessed slowly with tears streaming down his face.

I hugged him "It's fine, you are safe now, Lucas. We'll help you" I assured him

"Really?" He asked hopefully but then he immediately looked scared "Please don't send me to them."

"Don't worry, we'll find a home for you. You should rest for now. We are here" Sandro said and Helped him lie back down and soon he drifted to sleep.

He called one of our men and told him to find the information about his parents and soon enough everything was in our hands. Turned out that this kid, Lucas is not their Biological child and they kidnapped him.
Sandro, Called the social worker and asked her to find any living relatives of Lucas so that he can stay with them.

It was already 6 pm by now and Sandro had to leave for the meeting, "You go for the meeting, I'll be here for a while" I told him.

"Sure, Take care," He said and left and I sat on the couch looking at Lucas.
He looked so much like Mom and his eyes are the same as them, Mom and Sandro.

He looked so innocent, pale, and malnourished. It didn't look like he was 16 years old. I can never understand how someone can abuse a child. No matter if it's your own or not, how can you be so cruel? Even after being in Mafia, being a mafia we never hurt kids, it's a rule that we follow and everyone under us has to follow.

I just hope we can find him a good home, where he can be happy.

______

I hope you'll like the chapter!
Mwah!!