Chapter 2

Carter's POV

"How many people were here last night?" Bre asks as she jumps on my bed.

I sit down on my chair, "I don't know about 20."

We did skip school and we did hangout with friends but it's around 4pm now and we decided to come back to my house to just chill.

"How many people did you sleep with?"

I roll my eyes, "You make me sound like a whore."

She laughs, "How many?"

"One in the beginning when the party started and once when everyone left. She left this morning."

"Do you even remember their names?"

"Only the one who left this morning."

Bre fake gasps, "Are you breaking hearts?"

I groan, "Shut up. They all know it's nothing more than sex."

"You know I'm surprised there's still people left here for you to have sex with. You don't sleep with the same person twice yet you somehow manage to find new ones."

I open my mouth to say something but the sound of the front door opening makes my heart drop.

"Crap they're home."

Bre gets off the bed, "Yeah no I'm getting out of here before I die with you."

But she doesn't have enough time, the door to my room opens and Mom's face comes into view.

"Mrs.Woods I was just leaving." Bre says nervously.

Mom smiles, "I already called your mother."

Bre groans, "This is all Carters fault." I don't even have the chance to defend myself because she leaves the room leaving Mom and I.

"Hey mommy, how was your day?" I give her my biggest smile.

"Nope don't. You haven't called me that since you were 5."

"It was worth a try." I mumble.

She sighs, "Why did you skip school?"

"I'm 21 mom I can skip college once or twice."

They do have a rule that it's their house so their rules. I always try to follow everything and honestly they don't have that many rules.

Most people want to get out of the house immediately after 18 but I've never felt like that.

I love my parents and I love still living with them. That's why I always try to follow the rules and listen to them but sometimes it just doesn't happen.

"Sweetie I know but it's the first day of school. I don't want you to get into a bad habit."

"It's not gonna become a habit mom. I just had a party last night and slept in." The second I finish my sentence I realized what I said and gasp.

Mom groans, "Megan come get your kid I can't handle her." She yells. I shrink back into my seat. Damn me and my stupid mouth.

I hear Mama's footsteps and then she comes into view and glances at the both of us, "Why are they always my kids when they're in trouble?"

Mom glares at her, "Because they get their troublemaker attitude from you."

"That's not true I like to believe I'm the calm one."

"Sweetheart, are you saying I'm crazy?" I bite my lip not to laugh.

Mama's eyes widen, "Of course not cute eyes. You're right they get all their bad attitudes from me."

Mom smiles and kisses her cheek, "I appreciate you acknowledging it." She leaves before Mama can say anything else.

"Wait what am I supposed to say to her?" Mama yells after her and receives no response which causes me to chuckle.

She looks back at me and smiles, "Hi honey, how was your day?"

"Are you not gonna scold me?" I ask amusedly.

"Do you want me to?"

I shake my head, "No. I promise it won't happen again I'll be on time the entire year."

She sits down on my bed, "Good then. Now tell me how your day was."

I smile, "It was good. We have a new professor. She's okay."

Mama raises her eyebrow, "Did you get her mad on the first day?"

I groan, "I was just late that's all."

"Well like your mom said don't make it a habit."

She gets up ready to leave by then stop, "Oh you can pick up your medication tomorrow at the pharmacy. Do you want me to get it or can you?"

"I can get it on my way home from school."

She nods, "Alright. Love you honey."

"I love you too."

She leaves the room and I get up and lay on my back on my bed. I stare at the ceiling and sigh. The doctor said 3 to 5 years and it's been 3 already.

I try everything in my power to forget about it but at night it's the worst. I'm alone with my thoughts and that's when all the bad anxiety and fear creeps in.

I know I should be scared of dying and maybe I was at the beginning but not anymore.

I've made my peace with it.